Today, eye diseases have become quite common. At an early age, people’s eyesight becomes weak and glasses are worn. In such a situation, we are telling you about some food and some exercises, which can prevent your eyesight from getting reduced to a great extent.
The loss of eyesight has become quite common nowadays. Children get number glasses at a young age. Every day cases of Myopia and Hyper myopia are increasing. Apart from this, diseases related to the eyes like glaucoma, cataract, diabetic retinopathy etc. can affect the way you see the world. Much can be done to improve and improve the light of the eyes.
Refractive error is mostly from childhood, so it is important to have healthy diet for healthy eyes. Carrots and other colored vegetables are a good source of Vitamin A. It is good for both eyes and skin. With this it is important to have good reading and screen habits in children and adults. Children’s screen time should be 1 hour during school days and up to 2 hours on vacation days. Adults should eat colored and leafy vegetables for a healthy eye.
Even more important is to protect your eyes from ultra violet rays. Those who have to stay in front of the screen for a long time, they should take a break in a short period of time to relax the eyes. Use anti-glare glasses to reduce the emphasis on the eyes. Eyeglasses cannot be overcome by any diet, but its number can be prevented from increasing.
To fix the eyesight, you can do some exercise of the eyes sitting at home:
Yoga: Rub both your hands till they become hot. Now keep your hands on your eyes. This will relax the nerves around the eyes and increase blood circulation.
Sunning: While looking at the sun, move your head from one side to the other. Do not look directly at the sun with open eyes.
- Rotate the clockwise and anti-clockwise eye pupils. Do this with your eyes closed. Do this twice a day. However, you can also do this more than two times a day.
- 0 rule: Focus 20 meters away for 20 seconds every 20 minutes. You definitely have to blink in the middle of it. This will improve the vision of the eyes.
Ayurvedic remedies to improve the vision of the eyes:
Triphala: Triphala has been used to treat many diseases for many thousands of years. Due to having Vitamin A in it, it prevents irritation to the eyes. Triphala helps in situations like corneal dystrophies, conjunctivitis, loss of eyesight and weakening of eyes due to age. Mix one tablespoon of Triphala powder in a glass of lukewarm water and allow the water to cool. Leave it overnight and wash your eyes in the morning with this water. Use it only once a month and once per day.
Indian Gooseberry: This powerful antioxidant rich in vitamin C is very good for the eyes. It also improves the way retinal cells work and promotes healthy cells. Mix 2 to 4 teaspoons of gooseberry powder and honey in water. Drink it twice daily for a few months.
Many times during the summer, the eyes start to irritate, due to the increase in the body temperature due to the increase in the external temperature. The eyes are the most sensitive part of the body through which we see the whole world. Therefore eye care and protection is very important. The eyes should be protected from any kind of infection, pollution and allergies. Many times the eyes start to see the screen continuously or even in bright light. Understand in Ayurvedic language, first of all, understand the cause of eye irritation in Ayurveda. Sometimes conjunctivitis in the eyes causes irritation and redness, which is a type of contagious. But sometimes the eyes become dry due to conjunctiva, which is due to Vata dosha. Eye irritation occurs due to increase in the amount of acid in the body which results from bile defects in the stomach.
- Rose water is very good for eye health. You should fill rose water in an eye dropper which should be of normal temperature. It should not be too cold nor too hot. By applying it, it ends the burning and itching of the eyes.
- Add a drop of castor oil or clusters oil to the eyes, the burning sensation also disappears. It is more beneficial to put it before sleeping. But you have to make sure that no preservatives are added to this oil.
- Turmeric is a boon for the eyes. Take one teaspoon of turmeric and boil it well in two cups of water. When a cup of water remains, then stop boiling it. Now take a muslin cloth and filter this water three to four times. So that no particles remain. After this, you should use this water like an iDrop. Adding it three to four times a day makes the eyes better.
- Water soaked with coriander and fenugreek seeds also provides relief. It is an eye pacifier.
- When eye irritation, cold compress provides relief and also has no side effects. • Keeping fresh curd or fresh cow’s milk on the eyes also provides relief. It is said that by applying it, the burning sensation calms down and the pain also disappears.
- Spinach – Spinach is a green leafy vegetable rich in antioxidants and other nutrients. In addition, vitamins A and C are also found in it. It is also rich in iron and calcium.
- Milk – Milk contains a lot of riboflavin which prevents cataract-like problems in the eyes. In addition, all types of nutrients are present in milk, which also make the stomach perfect.
- Carrots – Carrots contain beta-carotene which is a storehouse of vitamins A and D. Its use keeps the eyesight correct.
- Almonds – Almonds are very good for health. It contains a very high amount of Vitamin E which protects the body from attacks of molikules and makes the body tissues healthy.
- Citrus fruit – Lemons, oranges etc. are rich in beta-keratin and also contain vitamin B-12 which makes the eyesight good. By adopting all these Ayurvedic tips, the health of the eyes remains good.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.