Hypertension (High Blood Pressure) is a typical condition where the drawn out power of the blood against our artery valves is sufficiently high that it might in the end mess wellbeing up, like heart disease.
Pulse is resolved both by the measure of blood your heart siphons and the measure of protection from blood stream in your arteries. The more blood your heart siphons and the smaller your conduits, the higher your circulatory strain. A circulatory strain perusing is given in millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). It has two numbers.
- Top number (systolic pressing factor). The first, or upper, number estimates the pressing factor in your courses when your heart beats.
- Bottom number (diastolic pressing factor). The second, or lower, number estimates the pressing factor in your conduits between beats.
In Ayurveda, Hypertension can be considered as a Raktaj Roga, where the Vata is the related (Anubandha) Dosha. Consequently, the term Raktagata Vata is more suitable to the condition rather than the over two.
As indicated by Ayurveda, hypertension includes each of the three Doshas, the heart, and the veins. In hypertension we can see signs and indications of unsettling influence of Vata dosha that for the most part of ‘Vyana vayu’. The treatment is additionally on the premise to remedy of the equilibrium of Vata dosha.
Etiological factors of Hypertension
Primary Hypertension causes:
- Hereditary factor
- Environmental factor-packing, contamination, rivalry in work.
- Age and sex factor
- Habit of Alcohol and smoking
- Increase in lipid profile and serum cholesterol
- Psycho-social variables nervousness, strain.
- Dietary factor-more salt admission.
Secondry Hypertension causes:
- Because of organization of specific medications like preventative pills, steroids and so forth
- Hypertensive illnesses of pregnancy: Toxemias of pregnancy
- Renal causes: Acute nephritic condition, constant nephritis and polycystic kidney.
- Endocrinal causes: Thyrotoxicosis, myxedema and acromegaly.
- Metabolic causes: Diabetes mellitus, persistent gout and atherosclerosis.
- Congenital illnesses: Coarctation of aorta
- Collagenosis and different illnesses: SLE and polyarteritis nodosa.
- Neurological: Encephalitis, cerebrum tumor and cerebrovascular mishaps
Common symptoms of Hypertension
- Cerebral pain
- Numbness and consuming sensation in hands and feet
- Feeling of sluggishness, fretfulness
- Loss of hunger
- Chest torment
- Bleeding from nose
- Swelling in legs and eyes
- Haziness of vision
Compalications of Hypertension
Uncontrolled hypertension can prompt after a few intricacies created in the human body:
- Heart assault or stroke: Hypertension can cause solidifying and thickening of courses (atherosclerosis), which can prompt the heart assault, stroke or other cardio-vascular inconveniences.
- Aneurysm: Hypertension can be reason for debilitate and protruding the veins, framing an aneurysm.
- Heart failure: Heart muscle thickens in view of the siphoning of blood against the higher pressing factor in veins. The thickened muscle may struggle for siphoning enough blood to body’s necessities, which can prompt heart disappointment.
- Organ malfunction: Debilitated and limited veins in kidneys and different organs, which keep such organs from typical working.
- Vision loss: Hypertension harms the little veins in the retina of eyes can be lead to vision misfortune.
- Metabolic disorder: Metabolic condition is a bunch of problems of body’s digestion, which including expanded midsection perimeter, high fatty substances, low HDL, high insulin levels and hypertension. In the event that individual has high blood pressure, it tends to be bound to have different parts of metabolic condition. The individual has the more serious danger of creating diabetes, coronary illness or stroke.
- Memory issues: Uncontrolled hypertension might be influencing the capacity of the individual to think, recall and learn. Issue with memory or understanding ideas is more normal in individuals with uncontrolled high blood pressure.
Treatment of Hypertension in Ayurveda
- Evasion of etiological elements of a sickness is known as Nidana Parivarjanam. The accompanying causative components of hypertension ought to be rigorously kept away from.
- Excessive admission of salt, vegetable oils, chilies, quick food sources, low quality nourishments, zesty food varieties, tea and espresso and so on Alcohol utilization and smoking.
- Excitation, incitement, quarreling, stresses and tensions
- Tight apparel
- Excessive guilty pleasure in sexual exercises
Way of life Modifications
- Weight decrease
- Regular actual exercise, day by day energetic strolling for half 60 minutes
- Well-planned resting and arousing
- Regular act of Yoga and home grown Meditation
- Avoid the admission of slick, pungent, acrid and zesty food
- Intake of adjusted eating routine, more utilization of leafy foods vegetables in diet
- In diet more utilization of wheat, Barley, Sorghum, green gram, horse gram, Bitter gourd, Bottle gourd, Turnip,
- Carrot, Radish, Indian gooseberry, Cucumber, Black grapes, Pomegranate, Apple, Pineapple, milk and so forth
Dr. Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1 Lakh Plus patients worldwide.