Irritable Bowl Syndrome (IBS) is a typical condition that influences the stomach related problem.
It causes side effects like stomach cramps, bulging, the runs and blockage. These will in general travel every which way over the long run, and can keep going for quite a long time, weeks or months all at once.
In ayurveda, Irritable Bowl Syndrome is called as ‘Grahani roga’.
The disease caused by Pitta produces decolouration of the excrement because of Ranjaka Pitta disturbance so the defecation are of somewhat blue or yellow tone, the personal stench of the individual is rank, exacerbation of Pachaka pitta causes hyperacidity bringing about heart consume and sharp burping, additionally influencing the nature of stool with the goal that it is fluid in consistency. Anorexia and loss of thirst are likewise present in pitta type grahani.
Pathology of Grahani
Grahani or IBS is set off by stomach diseases, eating undesirable food or potentially persistent pressure.
Because of one of the causative elements, samana vata is influenced and frustrates the strength of processing and ingestion in the small digestive tract.
The small digestive system neglects to play out its typical capacity of anna grahana (accepting food from the stomach.)
Pachana (assimilation) and vivechana (partition of nutritive food and byproduct) is munchana (food item is pushed to the internal organ). Hence, grahani creates.
Causes of Grahani
- Excessive fasting
- Eating before the previous food is digested
- Eating improper foods, unwholesome food, too heavy, cold
- Eating foods that are too dry and processed
- Eating foods that are too old
- Suppression of natural urges
- Improper virechana (purgation)
- Improper oleation therapy
- Improper sleep, awake at night and asleep during day
- Suffering due to chronic illness, leading to lowered digestion strength
- Moving or traveling
- Seasonal changes
Signs & Symptoms of Grahani dosha
Vataja Grahani – stomach torment, expanded recurrence of stool, modified solid discharge, enlargement of the midsection, flatus, migraine, weakness, chest torment.
Pittaja Grahani – consuming of the chest, burping, migraine.
Kaphaja Grahani – mucousystool, impression of inadequate departure of the entrail, sickness, retching, flatus, substantialness of midsection.
Sannipataja Grahani – each of the three dosas are included giving blended highlights of all the dosas, including absence of fixation and extreme weakness. This stage is additionally called sangrahani.
With sangrahani, murmuring in the mid-region, exhaustion, inside with flatus or bodily fluid, consistent inclination to pass stools, discontinuous scenes and expanded recurrence of solid discharges in the daytime are normal.
- Untreated IBS may prompt inconveniences, for example,
- Skin sickness
- Sickliness (low iron levels)
- Oedema (liquid maintenance)
- Anorectal infection (like hemorrhoids, gap or fistula in rear-end)
- Stomach torment
- Stomach tumor
Management of IBS
Ayurveda trusts it is ideal to treat the main driver as opposed to the manifestations of sickness. A full ayurvedic detox (panchakarma) is essential for freeing poisons from the body and restoring colon wellbeing. Panchakarma treatment for IBS underlines cured douche (vasti), which is a colon purging treatment. Ayurvedic douches give home grown purging and sustenance straightforwardly into the digestive system and colon, without going through the stomach and upper gastro-intestinal plot. With a helpful ayurvedic purification, a purifying and mending message is sent straightforwardly to the colon.
Panchakarma for IBS will likewise include:
- Abhyanga (ayurvedic helpful back rub)
- Shirodhara (warm oil treatment on temple)
- Chakra basti (warm oil treatment around the maritime and related marma focuses)
Ayurvedic herbs suggested for IBS
Diet for IBS Patient
- Cook hand crafted dinners utilizing new fixings when you can
- Keep a journal of what you eat and any side effects you get – attempt to stay away from Things that trigger your IBS
- Attempt to discover approaches to unwind
- Get a lot of activity
- Attempt probiotics for a month to check whether they help
- Try not to defer or skip suppers
- Try not to eat excessively fast
- Try not to eat bunches of greasy, zesty or prepared food sources
- Try not to eat multiple parts of new organic product daily (a bit is 80g)
- Try not to drink multiple cups of tea or espresso daily
- Try not to drink bunches of liquor or bubbly beverages
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.