Nasal polyps are boom of gentle tissues at the lining of the nasal passage or sinus. In Ayurvedic samhita, nasal polyps are called Nasarsha.
Nasa arsha is a Kapha vata vyadhi located in Urdwanga which is a kapha
Sthaan. The aggravated Doshas when moved upwards occupying ear, eye, nose, and mouth, vitiated their Mamsa, and Rakta and produce Arsha.
Causes of Nasal Polyps
- Persistent or routine sinus infections
- Allergic rhinitis (hay fever)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Churg-Strauss syndrome
- Sensitivity to nonsteroidal anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) which includes ibuprofen or aspirin
Symptoms of Nasal polyps
- Runny nose – this will be chronic, with the affected person feeling as though they usually have a cold
- Persistent stuffy or blocked nose – in a few cases, the affected person may also locate it difficult to respire via the nose, inflicting sound asleep problems
- Postnasal drip – a sense of mucus always jogging down the lower back of the throat
- Either no feel of odor or terrible feel of odor – this will now no longer enhance after polyps are treated
- Poor feel of taste – this will now no longer enhance after polyps are treated
- Pain with in face
- Itchiness across the eyes
- Obstructive sleep apnea (in excessive cases) – that is a doubtlessly critical circumstance in which the affected person stops respiration at some point of sleep
- Double vision (in excessive cases) – much more likely to arise if the affected person has allergic fungal sinusitis or cystic fibrosis
Nasal endoscopy – a slender tube with a small camera (or magnifying lens) is inserted into the affected person’s nose.
CT scan – this permits the doctor to find nasal polyps and different abnormalities related to persistent inflammation. The health practitioner can also be capable of pick out another obstruction.
Skin prick allergy test – if the health practitioner thinks that hypersensitive reactions can be contributing to polyp development, she or he might also additionally do a hypersensitivity test.
Cystic fibrosis – if the affected person is a younger child, the health practitioner might also additionally order a cystic fibrosis test.
Ayurvedic Management of Nasal polyps
Ayurvedic treatment has been located very powerful on this case. Shodhana Chikitsa with Nasya karma become located useful withinside the control of nasal polyp withinside the gift case, and preserving right follows pathya and apathya for the patients.
Nasa Arsha is one of the predominant surgical disorders in nasal disorder; there may be hazard of recurrence after surgery. We can deal with with the aid of using Ayurvedic line of remedy without problems and extra powerful then allopathic science. There is no hazard of recurrence of disorder.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.