PNEUMONIA AND ITS AYURVEDIC MANAGEMENT:
- March 17, 2023
- Posted by Dr. Karanvir Singh
- 0 Comment(s)
It is an infection that influences the air sacs in both lungs.The air sacs may fill with fluid or causing cough with phelgm .A variety of organism including bacteria,virus,fungi can cause pneumonia. Bacterial pneumonia is more harmful than viral pneumonia. It can affect one or both lungs. Pneumonia occurs in both lungs called bilateral anemia.
TYPES OF PNEUMONIA:
- Bacterial pneumonia: It is an infection caused by streptococcus bacteria.It is caused by weakening of body defenses in cases such as chronic illness,poor nutrition or an impared immune system.
- Viral pneumonia: It is caused by inflenza virus or para influenza virus. In healthy people viral pneumonia is goes away in 1-2 weeks but cough and fatigue last occurs for many weeks.
- Mycoplasma pneumonia: It is commonly referred to as walking pneumonia.It is the mildest form of illness.It is caused by mycoplasma pneumoniae.
SYMPTOMS OF PNEUMONIA:
- Mucous mixed cough which are green or yellow in color.
- Fever with chills.
- Shortness of breath.
- Rapid or difficulity in breathing
- Sharp or stabbing pain that gets more worse when you breathe deeply .
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Ear pain
RISK FACTORS OF PNEUMONIA:
- Infants from birth to 2 years.
- Weaknes immune system such as pregancy or HIV patients
- People who have chronic illness such as asthma,Diabetes, COPD
- Chest x -ray
- Blood culture
- Sputum culture
- Impaired breathing
- Lung abscess
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pleural effusion
AYURVEDIC APPROACH OF PNEUMONIA :
Pneumonia can be correlated with shwasanaka jwara in which Kapha dosha is dominant. Vitiation of kapha dosha leads to the ama dosha and blocks the Numerous body channels are obstructed by vitiated Kapha and ama . It results in the spread of Agni all over the body and it results in pushing heat toward the skin and raising body temperature.
CAUSATIVE FACTORS FOR PNEUMONIA :
- More Exposure to dust,smoke and wind.
- Excessive exercise and intake of dry foods.
- Excessive intake of curd and unboiled milk.
- Weakness and injury to vital organs
- Cold viruses
GOOD FOOD TO EAT IN PNEUMONIA :
- Citus fruits
- Green leaf vegetables such as spinach, broccoli
- Protein rich food
- Fenugreek seeds
- Coconut milkj
CHANDIGARH AYURVED CENTRE MEDICATION FOR THE TREATMENT OF PNEUMONIA:
This ayurvedic powder is very effective in cough with mucus, cold, and other respiratory disorders. Cough powder is a mixture of some ayurvedic ingredients like talisadi churna, abharak bhasam, godanti bhasam, lakshmi vilas rasa, yashtimadhu churna, tankan bhasma, kaph ketu ras. These ingredients in combination show antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, bronchodilator, & expectorant properties.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 sachet twice a day with honey.
As the name suggests three ingredients are used for its preparation like Shunthi, Pippali, & Maricha. These herbs in combination deal with the loss of appetite, gas, flatulence, bloating, abdominal distension, weak digestion, constipation, abdominal pain, etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
Cough Go Tablets:
These herbal tablets are beneficial in cough, cold, bronchitis, & other respiratory disorders. Cough Go Tablets are ayurvedic formulation containing Sonth (Zingiber officinale), Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Pippali (Piper longum), Kali mirch (Piper nigrum), etc. All these ingredients show antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, bronchodilator, & expectorant properties. This is very beneficial in fever due to phlegm and treats the chronic cough. It helps in reducing cough, headache, rhinitis, etc.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
Giloy capsules are formed with the standardized extract of herb giloy (Tinospora cordifolia). The Giloy herb improves immunity, removes toxins from body, purifies blood, beneficial in cough, cold, fever, & bronchitis.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 capsules twice a day with normal water.
Nerve up tablets:
Nerve up tablets help in balancing the vata doshas and kapha dosha, and acts as nervine stimulant. It shows effective results in improving the central nervous system. It contains natural ingredients like shudha kuchla, shudha shilajeet, praval pishti, shankh bhasma etc. These contains natural vatahar properties and helps in curing vata disorders, speed up physical and mental processes. It act as Respiratory stimulant, helps in Joint pain, Inflammation, Stiffness, Gout, Arthritis, Bodyache, Erectile dysfunction, and Body weakness.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily.
Amrit Tulsi Ras:
Amrit Tulsi Ras is a pure herbal preparation containing five types of Tulsi extracts Ocimum sanctum, Ocimum gratissium, Ocimum canum, Ocimum basilicum, Ocimum citriodorum. This herbal drop increases immunity, helps to treat cough, common cold and skin, respiratory diseases specially bronchitis. It gives effective results in bacterial and viral infections.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 drops twice daily in a cup of water.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.