What is the Ayurvedic & Panchakarma treatment for PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)?
During the reproductive years, most of the women are affected with a condition known as premenstrual syndrome. In many cases, the symptoms regarding premenstrual syndrome are interfering with the day to day activities of women. The symptoms in PMS start five to eleven before menstruation. This syndrome is related to the change in serotonin levels & sex hormones at the starting of the menstrual cycle. Changes in these hormones cause anxiety, mood swings, & irritability.
What are the signs & symptoms of PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)?
The signs & symptoms that are associated with the PMS (Premenstrual syndrome) women are:
1) Abdominal bloating
3) Abdominal pain
4) Joints pain
6) Weight gain
7) Tenderness in breast
8) Diarrhea or Constipation
11) Depressed mood
12) Poor concentration
13) Loss of appetite & excessive food cravings
15) Social withdrawal
16) Change in libido
What are the causes of PMS (Premenstrual syndrome)?
There are different causes of premenstrual syndrome are sedentary lifestyle, poor nutrition, consumption of excessive oily, & spicy food items, unhygienic conditions, psychological factors, etc.
What is the Ayurvedic view of PMS (Premenstrual syndrome)?
In Ayurveda, PMS (Premenstrual syndrome) is correlated with “Krichhraartava” ( in which Krichhra means “difficult” & aartava means “menses”). Apana vayu along with the imbalance Pitta dosha is responsible for this disease. Apana vayu is located in the lower pelvic region that causes the elimination of menstrual blood, urine, stool, & reproductive fluids. Imbalanced Apana vayu & Pitta dosha circulates in the body that causes different signs & symptoms of PMS (Premenstrual syndrome).
What is the Ayurvedic treatment for PMS (Premenstrual syndrome)?
Most women with PMS (Premenstrual syndrome) take allopathic medicines for fast relief that includes (pain reliever, stress reducers, & anti-depressant medicines). But this is not the exact solution of this syndrome. In Ayurveda, there are various herbs that are formulated in medicines form for proper treatment of PMS (Premenstrual syndrome). Chandigarh Ayurved Centre a best Ayurvedic clinic formulated a kit named “PMS Care Kit” for the treatment of this syndrome from root cause along with maintaining the signs & symptoms. This kit contains five ayurvedic medicines that are mentioned below in detail:
ALL PRODUCTS DESCRIPTION IN DETAIL:
1) Shilapravang vati: These tablets are prepared from ingredients such as shodit shilajatu, praval bhasma, Vanga bhasma, suvarnamakshik bhasma, makardhawaja, suvarna bhasma, mukta pishti, guduchi satva, ashwagandha, shatavari, bala, amalaki, jatiphala, kapoora, atmagupta, kastoorilatika, etc. In PMS (Premenstrual syndrome) patients this tablet reduces fatigue, stress, debility, exhaustion, revitalizes body tissues, & provides youthful energy to an individual.
Recommended dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with milk.
2) Detox Premium Powder: Detox premium powder is a herbo-mineral preparation that contain ingredients such as moti pishti, parwal pishti, giloy satav, kamdudha ras, jahar mohra, akik pishti, gandhak rasayan, tal sindoor, sutshekhar ras, sudhyog tablet, shwet parpati, etc. These ingredients in combination remove all toxins from the body & maintain all signs & symptoms associated with the premenstrual syndrome patients.
Recommended dosage: Take 1 sachet twice daily with normal water.
3) Vaat Nashik vati: Vaat nashik vati is formulated with ingredients such as jahar mohra pishti, abhrak bhasma, giloy satv, etc. These all ingredients deal with the abdominal pain, abdominal cramps, bloating, tenderness in the breast that is present in premenstrual syndrome.
Recommended dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
4) Rajahpravartani vati: Rajahpravartani vati is a pure ayurvedic preparation that balances the vata & kapha doshas in the body. These herbal tablets are prepared from ingredients like shuddha tankan, shuddha hingu, kaseesa, etc. These all ingredients in combination deal with the irregular menstruation, abdominal cramps, fatigue, weakness, tenderness in the breast, etc associated with the premenstrual syndrome patients.
Recommended dosage: Take 2 tablets twice daily with normal water.
5) Stri Poshak Syrup: Stri Poshak Syrup is a herbal syrup that contains ingredients such as Ashok chall, Khadir chall, Guduchi, Mulethi, Lodhar chall, etc. These all herbs in combination reduce abdominal pain, cramps, discomfort, fatigue, general weakness, hot flashes, tiredness, mood swings, anxiety, etc in premenstrual syndrome patients.
Recommended dosage: Take 2 teaspoonful twice daily.
What is the Panchakarma treatment for PMS (Premenstrual syndrome)?
Only Ayurvedic treatment that is mentioned above is sufficient for PMS (Premenstrual syndrome) there is no need for Panchakarma treatment.
Healthy lifestyle & tips for PMS (Premenstrual syndrome) patients:
Diet & lifestyle plays an important role in PMS (Premenstrual syndrome) condition. A healthy lifestyle not only makes you disease-free but also keep you fit & fine. So for reducing all signs & symptoms of PMS (Premenstrual syndrome) follow some healthy tips mentioned below in detail:
1) Drink plenty of water as it helps in removing all toxins out from the body.
2) Include fresh vegetables, fruits, & fresh juices in your diet.
3) Take 4 to 6 almonds & 2 dried figs soak it in a glass of water overnight. Early in the morning peel the almonds & eat along with figs on an empty stomach.
4) Flaxseeds are good for premenstrual syndrome patients. So make a powder of roasted & use a teaspoonful of this powder in your cuisines.
5) Drink a glass of cow’s milk by adding 1/4th teaspoonful of pure turmeric powder once daily. It will reduce pain, anxiety, fatigue, general weakness, & stress in premenstrual syndrome patients.
6) Avoid junk food items such as pizza, burger, pasta, maggie, fries, etc. Also avoid spicy, & excessive oil in your diet.
7) Avoid aerated & carbonated drinks. Instead of that drink green coconut water daily.
8) Do perform yoga poses such as ardha matsyendrasana, dhanurasana, bhujangasana, setu bandha sarvangasana, & uttanasana, etc.
9) Meditation is also good for premenstrual syndrome women as it keeps you away from stress, anxiety, depression, tension, etc.
10) Walk daily for 30 minutes as it is good for your overall health.
So for proper treatment of premenstrual syndrome follow the ayurvedic medicines mentioned above along with the healthy lifestyle & tips.