- The prostate is an accessory gland of the male reproductive system. It is a muscle-driven mechanical switch between urination and ejaculation.
- It is found only in some mammals. The prostate is present below the bladder, with the urethra passing through.
- It is surrounded by an elastic, fibromuscular capsule and contains glandular tissue known as connective tissue.
- The prostate glands produce and contain fluid that forms part of semen, the substance that is emitted during ejaculation as part of the male sexual response.
- This fluid is slightly alkaline, milky, or white in appearance. The alkalinity of semen helps neutralize the acidity of the vaginal tract prolonging the lifespan of sperm.
- Disorders of the prostate include inflammation, enlargement, infection, and cancer.
Each 1000 mg tablet contain:
- Kaishore guggule ———————————150 mg
- Kanchnaar guggule ——————————150 mg
- Garlic ———————————————-150 mg
- Swet parpati ————————————–100 mg
- Chanderprabha ———————————–200 mg
- Yavak shaar —————————————50 mg
- Trinpanchmool ————————————100mg
- Gokshuru ——————————————-100 mg
- Scientific Name – tribulus terrestris.
- It is an herbal preparation used in Ayurveda for the treatment of urinary and kidney disorders.
- It acts as diuretic and improves kidney functions also helpful in urinary tract infection, difficulty in micturition, gout, osteoarthritis etc.
- Gokshuradi guggulu has following healing properties.
- Anti-hypertensive (due to its diuretic action)
- Muscle relaxant
- Gokshuradi guggulu is helpful in following diseases.
Muscle, Bones & Joints
- Gout or raised uric acid level
Kidneys & Urinary bladder
- Kidney stones
- Dysuria (painful or difficult urination)
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Prostate enlargement (rarely used for improving urine flow)
Heart & Blood
- High blood pressure (supportive mild diuretic therapy)
- Congestive heart failure (supportive mild diuretic therapy)
- Scientific name – Bauhinia variegate.
- It is beneficial in hypothyroidism, PCOS, weight loss, tumor, cancer, lipoma, prostrate, cysts, goiter, wounds, fistula, boils and skin diseases.
- Main ingredient in kanchnaar guggule is Kanchanar and Guggulu. Kachanar bark is used for making decoction.
- Guggulu is mixed in kachnaar decoction and other ingredients are added in the mixture.
- Kanchnar guggul has following healing properties.
- Thyroid stimulant
- Muscle relaxant
- Kanchanar Guggulu is beneficial in following diseases:
- PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome)
- Lipoma (tumors consisting of fatty tissue)
- Obesity or overweight
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Prostate disease
- Liver cysts
- Skin diseases
- Scientific name – Allium Sativum
- Family – Amaryllidaceae
- Garlic taken for four weeks reduced prostate size, inflammation and BPH. This herb safe and non-toxic to prevent prostate growth in men with BPH.
- Study shows that garlic can prevent excessive blood fats, anti-inflammatory and heart-protective properties. Recent studies shows that it have anticancer properties.
- Treat urinary tract disorders like (UTI),
- Urinary bladder-related issues,
- Muscle and joint pain
- General weakness.
- The herbal components in Chandraprabha Vati have diuretic properties which help to purify the blood.
- It is efficient to eliminate toxins and micro-organisms that cause UTIs.
- Chandraprabha give immediate relief from burning sensation, itching or pain in lower abdomen while urinating and get lasting relief from all bladder-related problems.
- This ayurvedic medicine is made up of five very famous medicinal herbs. This herb used in many ayurvedic medicines due to their medicinal and healing abilities.
- Kusha (Desmostachya bipinnata)
- Kasa (Saccharum spontaneum)
- Sara (Saccharum munja)
- Darbha (Desmostachya bipinnata)
- Ikshu (Saccharum officinarum)
- This ayurvedic herbs cleanses the urinary bladder. trinpanchmool kwath revolve urinary tract disorder or infection.
- Trinpanchmool kwath benefits in dysuria too. This problem results in difficulty and pain during urination. Sometimes, an unusual burning sensation also follows.
- This ayurvedic medicine is prescribed for urinary and prostate-related problems.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.