- It is a skin disease that causes hard, itchy lumps on the skin.
- The itching can be intense that cause people to scratch themselves to the point of bleeding or pain.
- Scratching can cause more skin lesions to appear.
- Itching is worsened by sweating, heat, or cloth irritation.
- People with prurigo nodularis have a history of other diseases such as eczema, lymphoma, HIV infection, severe anemia, or kidney disease.
The exact cause of prurigo nodularis is not known, but the lesions are due to the result of itchy skin which have many reasons. Prurigo nodularis has been associated with several conditions, including:
- Atopic dermatitis
- Chronic kidney failure
- Chronic hepatitis C
- Neurological disorders
- Psychiatric disorders
- Post-herpetic neuralgia
- Lichen planus
- Congestive heart failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Some therapeutic drugs for cancer
- The main symptom of prurigo nodularis is the formation of hard, very itchy lumps on the skin.
- The nodules size from very small to about half an inch in diameter.
- The nodules are rough, dry from the top and vary in number from a few to hundreds.
- Most commonly the nodules form on the outer arms, shoulders, legs and also form on the neck, and trunk, they rarely form on the face and palms.
- Nodules may be lighter or darker in color than the surrounding skin.
- Scarring may occur after nodules begin to heal.
- The symptoms of prurigo nodularis can begin at any age but are most common in adults between 20-60 years.
- People who have may become very concerned about the appearance of the nodules, and the intensely itchy skin may interfere with sleep or with everyday activities.
DAILY ROUTINE THAT CURE PRURIGO NODULARIS
- Use an ice pack to cool itchy areas.
- Take a lukewarm, short bath with colloidal oatmeal.
- Moisturize frequently with Vaseline or a hypoallergenic cream.
- Use fragrance free soaps
- Topical steroid creams such as clobetasol, pimecrolimus.
- Topical coal tar
- Topical vitamin D-3 ointment
- Capsaicin cream
- Corticosteroid injections for some nodules.
- Antihistamines help to sleep at night.
- Antidepressants help to stop scratching.
- Paroxetine and amitriptyline.
Therapies that help to shrink the nodules and relieve itching include:
- Psoralen used in combination with UV
- Pulsed dye laser
- Excimer laser treatment
CAC TREATMENT FOR PRURIGO NODULARIS
- CAC DETOX PREMIUM POWDER – these are herbo-mineral sachets which are purely Ayurvedic formulation. These sachets mainly detox the body and eliminate toxic substances and helps in proper metabolism of all the functions. This formulation act at the level of the nervous system and facilitate proper conduction of signal impulse from the nerves to the muscles. These sachets have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and immune-modulator. The ingredients present in it are moti pishti, parwal pishti, shukta pishti, Giloy satv, kamdudha ras, Jahar Mohra, akik pishti, gandhak rasayan, sutshekhar ras, etc. These ingredients balances all the three doshas (Vata, Pitta & Kapha) and helps in blood purification, reduces burning sensation, weakness, and hot flashes in ulcerative colitis patients. It reduces the level of high uric acid in the body. The powder is very beneficial in relieving discomfort, numbness, muscle ache, and reduces swelling of the pelvic region.
DOSAGE – Take 1 sachet twice daily with normal water.
- CAC SKIN CARE TABLET – this is herbo mineral and purely ayurvedic formulation. It help to maintain the texture of your skin depending on the type of skin you have. It contains various herbs like Haridra khand, Panchnimb churna, Khadir chahal, Chirayta, Mulethi, Chopchini, Gandhak, Ajmoda that work very effectively on all skin types. Skin care is a blood purifying tablet. It cools and detoxifies the blood, removes stagnant blood and dissolves obstructions in the blood flow that further increase blood circulation of the skin. It minimizes the blemishes, lighten sun tan, delay ageing of skin and heal skin problems.
DOSAGE – Take 1-2 tablets twice daily.
- CAC PANCHTIKTA GHRIT GUGGULU – It is a herbo-mineral ayurvedic formulation of CAC consist of herbs specifically designed to treat drying, inflammation, and deadening of tissue and skin, particularly of the rectum area. The main ingredient is Neem which is best for treatment of ailments of the blood and plasma, most effective against many skin diseases which is caused due to harmful toxins and vitiation of the blood. It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects which makes it useful in treating piles, and fissures. In addition, this blend contains many ingredients which shows cleansing action on the liver and kidneys, which further helps to detox the skin and post-digestive functioning. The herbs added shows rejuvenating and soothing action on the circulatory and digestive systems. It is used to treat a variety of skin conditions including, but not limited to, rectal bleeding and inflammation.
DOSAGE – 1 tablet twice a day.
- CAC TWAK TAILAM – this is the herbal oil and is purely Ayurvedic preparation. CAC Twak Tailam provides relief from various skin problems such as pimples, blemishes, scars, ulcers, wounds, skin rashes, dry patches, itching, skin irritation, reduces redness, etc. It is composed of natural herbs that pacifies all three doshas and provides healthy skin. This oil is made up of pure herbs such as yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra), manjistha (Rubia cordifolia). Twak tailam supports skin health, helps in reducing uneven pigments, delays the process of ageing, improves complexion, and helps in deep detoxification, blood purification without any side effects. This oil moisturizes your skin, and makes your skin spotless and glowing naturally.
METHOD OF APPLICATION – Apply over the affected area of the skin.
Dr. Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1 Lakh Plus patients worldwide.