Psoriasis is a skin disease that causes red, irritated textured patches, most normally on the knees, elbows, trunk and scalp.
Psoriasis is a typical, long haul (ongoing) infection with no fix. It will in general go through cycles, erupting for half a month or months, at that point dying down for some time or going into abatement. Medicines are accessible to assist you with overseeing manifestations. Furthermore, you can consolidate way of life propensities and adapting systems to help you live better with psoriasis.
Kitibha is one of the Kshudra kushtahaving the Lakshanaslike Shyava, Kina, Khara sparsha, Parusha, Ruksha pidika and Kandu. Kitibha kushta shows because of vitiation of Sapta dhatuslike three Dosha, Twak, Rakta, Mamsa and Lasika. Kitibha kushta is having association of Vata and Kapha dosha having the Lakshanas of individual Doshas.
Types of psoriasis
- Plaque psoriasis is the most well-known sort. About 80% to 90% of individuals with psoriasis have plaque psoriasis.
Other, more uncommon sorts of psoriasis include :
- Inverse psoriasis shows up in skin folds. It might look like dainty pink plaques without scale.
- Guttate psoriasis may show up after an irritated throat brought about by a streptococcal disease. It would seem that little, red, drop-molded flaky spots in youngsters and youthful grown-ups.
- Pustular psoriasis has little, discharge filled knocks on top of the red patches or plaques.
- Sebopsoriasis regularly shows up on the face and scalp as red knocks and plaques with oily yellow scale. This sort is a combination of psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis.
Causes of Psoriasis
- Incompatible food (virudh ahar), weighty, chilly, slick eating regimen
- Excessive admission of yogurt, fishes and pungent and acrid food sources, masha beat (Black gram)
- Excess admission of boggy creatures and oceanic creatures
- Intake of harsh and pungent together
- Prolonged admission of fish with milk
- Excess admission of radish and garlic
- Intake of radish with jaggery
- Day time resting and absence of actual work and exercise.
- Suppression of the emesis and other characteristic inclinations.
- Too much actual discharge.
- Eating before the past supper has been processed
- Unsound rest, stress, tension.
- Disrespect of instructors, and submitting other wicked demonstrations.
Prodromal Features of Psoriasis
- Reduced Perspiration (Swedana) or expanded sweat (atiswedana)
- Roughness of the skin (Parushya)
- Discoloration of the skin (tavak vaivaryan)
- Itching (kandu)
- Pricking sensation (nistoda)
- Numbness (suptata)
- Horripilation (rohaharsha)
- Fatigue (klama)
Sign & Symptoms
- Red patches of skin covered with thick, shiny scales.
- Little scaling spots (ordinarily found in youngsters)
- Dry, broken skin that may drain or tingle.
- Tingling, consuming or irritation.
- Thickened, hollowed or furrowed nails.
- Swollen and hardened joints.
Ayurvedic method of Treatment (Chikitsa)
Psoriasis is an infection hard to fix by its tendency. In ayurveda messages it is consider as a krichchasadhya vyadhi.
Acharya Charaka referenced that infection treated by Shodhana won’t ever repeat, though the treatment with Shamana treatment may repeat at the appointed time of time. In the event that Shamana drugs are given after legitimate course of Shodhana, at that point it helps in relieving the infections.
Shodhana Chikitisa (Detoxification);
- Vamana (helpful emesis) is the best measure for Kapha Dushti
- Virecana (helpful Purgation) is demonstrated for Pitta Dosha as well as in Kapha furthermore, Rakta Dushti.
- Takradhara – cooling properties of takra helps in loosening up the brain and diminishing mental stress.
- Snehapana – helps in smoothing of vitiated doshas
- Swedana – Soothened Doshas will get melted and reaches to Koshtha by Swedana
- Kashaya Dhara helps in mending the injury and sores
Shamana Chikitisa (Ayurvedic Internal Medication/Classical Medicines)
Tikita (unpleasant) and kashaya (astringent) rasa Ausadha (medications) assuages the vitiated pitta, kapaha doshas, cleans the blood and enacts the liver capacity. Utilizing Rasayanam serves to assemble the invulnerability. Deepan Pachan Medicines helps in improving Agni and do Ama pachan.
- Mahatiktaka ghritam
- Mahatikaka kashayam
- Manjishthadi kashayam
- Guggulu tiktaka ghritam
- Patoloakatuhinyadi kashayam
Dr. Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1 Lakh Plus patients worldwide.