- There are Several types of rashes that affect various parts of a baby’s body.
- These rashes are typically very treatable. Most rashes are harmless and disappear with in few days.
- Sometimes, infant rashes can indicate a more serious disease.
- Pimples, Baby acne usually involves clusters of tiny red pimples .
- Irritated cheeks. Baby acne usually develops on the cheeks, nose, forehead and sometimes behind the ears and on the scalp.
- Baby acne can appear up to three to four months.
Baby’s skin is sensitive and prone to many sources of irritation or infection. Causes of rashes in babies include:
Depending on the cause of the rash, rashes may appear on:
- Diaper area
- Skin folds
TYPES OF RASHES:-
Most common types of infant skin rashes include:-
- Diaper rash:-It is caused by wetness or the acidity of a baby’s urine and stool.
- Drool rash:- which happens when drool irritates the skin around the mouth or on the chest.
- Eczema:- It occur on the face, behind the knees, and on the arms.
- Heat rash:- usually found in areas covered by clothes, such as neck, chest, arms, armpit and legs and is caused by overheating
- infectious rashes, such as measles, chickenpox, scarlet fever, and roseola
- miliamolluscum contagiosum
- Start off by using a gentle baby detergent (low on chemicals) for all baby’s clothes. These harsh products may lead rashes on baby’s skin.
- While bathing baby, use a mild, hypoallergenic cleanser instead of regular soap. Also, use warm water and avoid hot water.
- Change baby’s diapers frequently. Overexposure to moisture, urine and stool may lead rashes!
- Limit the consumption of acidic and citrus fruits. During breastfeeding, reduce the intake of tomatoes, oranges, and other citrus foods.
- To prevent intense heat baby rashes on face and other body parts.
HOME REMEDIES FOR RASHES IN CHILDEREN:-
- ALOE-VERA:-Extracting the gel out of the leaves and applying it directly on the affected areas. It is one of the most effective remedy.
- Oatmeal Blend:-Oatmeal is very high on antioxidants, hence, makes for an amazing home remedy for baby rashes on face or body. It give good result in this condition.
- Neem:-Neem’s antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties and also veru useful in baby’s rashes, especially eczema. Make a paste of the neem leaves and apply on the affected areas.
- Banana peels:-An extraordinary skin rash remedy, the miraculous healing properties of banana peels . It is very helpful in skin rash.
- Cucumber:-Particularly effective on baby rashes on the face, cucumbers are also loaded with anti-inflammatory properties. It will help reduce the itchiness and irritation.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR BABY’S RASH:-
- Ayurvedic management for rashes include internal and external medicinal to mother as well as baby.
- As vitiated breast milk can irritated baby’s stomach and result in rash.
- Ayurveda gives some simple diet and lifestyle recommendation to help prevent the condition.
DIET RECOMMENDATIONS (AAHAR):-
- Introduce new foods one by one so that an allergy can be detected early
- A healthy balanced diet for the breastfeeding mother is recommended.
- Mother should avoid spicy foods and other foods that can give her baby a diaper rash because of sensitivity or allergies.
LIFESTYLE CHANGES (VIHAR):-
- Keeping diaper area clean and dry.
- Certain products, such as zinc oxide and petroleum jelly, work well to protect the skin from moisture.
- Increasing airflow by opening the diaper region.
- Avoiding airtight plastic pants and diaper covers
- Until the rash clears up, giving the baby a bath daily.
- Warm water is to be used with mild, fragrance-free soap
- Cocoa butter, coconut oil or olive oil massage can help to reduce the pain.
AYURVEDIC HERBS USED IN BABY’S RASH:-
Dr. Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1 Lakh Plus patients worldwide.