Tinnitus is the clinical term for “hearing” commotions in our ears. It happens when there is no external wellspring of the sounds.
Tinnitus is regularly called “ringing in the ears.” It might likewise seem as though blowing, thundering, humming, murmuring, murmuring, whistling, or sizzling. The clamors heard can be delicate or boisterous. The individual may even believe they’re hearing air getting away, water running, within a shell, or melodic notes.
In Ayurveda, Tinnitus is called as “Karnanada”. The main Dosa are involved in Karnanada is Vata Dosa. The term Karnanada is essentially gotten from two root words Karna and Nada.
Karna -Means ear or organ of hearing.
Nada – Sound or ringing in the ear.
Causes of Tinnitus
- Wax in ear waterway
- Keeps Hearing to noisy clamors
- Reccuring sinus contaminations center ear diseases
- Stress and long haul Insomnia
- Jaw mis-alingment
- Cardio vascular issue It is normally throbbing tinnitus however regularly with heart beat
- Because of Tomour on or compacting Auditory or Vestibular Nerve
- Head and neck wounds
- Long haul Migraines
- Long haul prescriptions like Antibiotics, anti-inflamatory pills (Damage Inner ear)
- Vascular tumors of center ear (Glomus tumor)
- Aneurysm and arterio-venous shunt around the ear
- Live bugs in the ear
Symptoms of Tinnitus
Tinnitus is regularly portrayed as a ringing in the ears, despite the fact that no outside solid is available. In any case, tinnitus can likewise cause different kinds of apparition commotions in your ears, including:
Complications of Tinnitus
Tinnitus influences individuals in an unexpected way. For certain individuals, tinnitus can essentially influence personal satisfaction. On the off chance that you have tinnitus, you may likewise insight:
- Rest issues
- Inconvenience concentrating
- Memory issues
- Uneasiness and peevishness
- Cerebral pains
- Issues with work and everyday life
Ayurvedic Management of Tinnitus
As tinnitus is a vata issue the Vata adjusting treatments and spices are valuable.
Diet for Tinnitus
- Vata impacts the development of contemplations, sentiments, prana streams, nerve driving forces, and liquids in the body. Consequently Vata adjusting Food Plan is suggested.
- Breakfast is normally desirable.Use hot oats like cream of rice or wheat or whatever other breakfast that is warm, smooth, and sweet.
- Take warm food, reasonably hefty in surface, add margarine and fat. prepared preferences are diserable.
- Decrease dry food varieties and harsh preferences. Utilize warm or high temp water and beverages. Crude nuts and nut margarines.
- Helpful Spices: cinnamon, cardamom, cumin, ginger, cloves with some restraint.
- Green Gram Khichri is the best adjusted food during supper, and has effectively edible proteins likewise carbodydrates and filaments. This will deal with acid reflux and obstruction.
- Utilization of caffeine, nicotine, or cocaine can upset the prana vayu prompting tinnitus thus stay away from it.
Panchakarma for Tinnitus
Nasya: Vacha (Acorus calamus) oil nasya, has an amazing impact in quieting and adjusting the Prana vayu. A readiness of sesame oil cured with calamus root is taken nasally, five drops for every nostril, around evening time and toward the beginning of the day. The nasya ought to be warmed to blood heat before organization.
Abhyanga: (Massage) Shiroabhyanga (head back rub) and padabhyanga (Foot knead), wherein the bottoms of the feet are rubbed with warm sesame oil, has a particular impact in quieting the prana vayu. At sleep time, comfortable sesame oil ought to be applied to the bottoms of the feet and furthermore to the scalp. This treatment quickly standardizes the prana vayu.
Karnapooran :(Ear drops)To quiet the vata in the ears, ten drops of warm sesame oil is applied every day to every ear. The oil is permitted to stay in the main ear for five or ten minutes, at that point that ear is cleaned, and a similar method is followed with the other ear, with the patient lying on the opposite side. Ordinarily, this treatment ought to mitigate tinnitus, and most different side effects of prana vayu aggravation, inside eight to ten days.Bilwadi tail,Apamargkshar tail,Dashmool tail can be utilized for Karnpooran.
Kawala and Gandush: Gargling of sedated oils or certain fluids/Kwath is Kawala.It reinforces the nerves of eyes and ears and furthermore placates exasperated vata.Gandush is Withholding cured oils or certain fluids in the mouth for a specific timeframe
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.