VARICOSE VEIN – Varicose veins also known as varicose or varicosities, are enlarged, swollen, and twisting veins, often appearing blue or dark purple. They are often painful.
Veins look twisted, swollen, and lumpy (bulging)
The veins are blue or dark purple
Some patients also experience:
- Aching legs
- Legs heaviness
- A minor injury to the affected area may result in longer bleeding than normal
- Fat above the ankle can become hard resulting in the skin shrinking
- Swollen ankles
- Spider veins
- Skin discoloration usually brownish or blue in color
- Affected area skin become red, dry, and itchy
- Some people may experience leg cramps
- Irregular whitish patches at the ankles.
- Thrombophlebitis – Blood clots in the vein of the leg cause vein inflammation.
- Skin does not exchange oxygen, nutrients, and waste products with the blood properly because of the weak blood flow.
- Eating a high-fiber, low-salt diet
- Avoiding high heels
- Elevating legs
- Avoid long periods of standing
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Quit tobacco use
- Stay active
- Try compression stockings
- Wear clothes that fit properly
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR VARICOSE VEIN
Foods with fiber
Dietary fiber helps in healthy bowel function. Physical effort to pass the stool can create abdominal pressure which aggravate the damaged vein valves.
Foods high in dietary fiber include:
- Whole-grain foods
- Sweet potatoes
Foods with potassium
Potassium deficiency cause water retention that increases the volume of blood in body and creates extra pressure on the vein valves.
Foods high in potassium include:
- White beans
- Winter squash
- Leafy vegetables
- Beet greens
Foods with flavonoids
Flavonoids treat cardiovascular problems and improve blood circulation, reduce arterial blood pressure, and relax blood vessels.
Foods high in bioflavonoids include:
- Bell peppers
- Citrus fruits
WORKOUT OR EXERCISE
- Some simple exercises encourage proper blood flow.
- Adequate blood flow helps the body to push the blood that stuck in the veins.
- People suffering from low blood pressure should also do exercise and workout daily.
- Low-impact exercise can fill up the calves to push the blood into veins.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- Apple cider vinegar helps to clean the body and enhances blood circulation through the veins.
- Apply apple cider vinegar on the area of varicose veins, then massage it lightly.
- Perform this simple remedy every day before dozing off and right after waking up.
- People can also use the apple cider vinegar by drinking it with a glass of water.
- Vinegar is also reduce high blood pressures, blood clots, and cholesterol levels.
- Apple cider vinegar kills the bacteria in the arteries and stops them from multiplying.
- It is rich with vitamin C and antioxidants
- Treat allergies and viruses.
- This pepper is an excellent treatment for varicose veins.
- It also treats atherosclerosis and other inflammatory conditions.
- The substance present inside the pepper prevents blood clotting.
- Consume cayenne pepper by mixing 1 teaspoon in warm water. Drink this mixture for 1 to 2
- Months daily in the morning help in instantly raises blood flow in the body, decreased the pain of swollen and hardened veins.
GARLIC AND LEMONS
- Garlic treat many conditions related to the heart and arteries.
- It improve the blood circulatory system of the body.
- The sulfurous compounds of garlic enhance the blood flow and also prevent the development of blood clots inflamed blood valves.
- Garlic has powerful properties to fight inflammatory conditions which are essential for reducing varicose veins.
- The flavonoids in garlic also strengthen the veins and blood vessels and keeping them safe from damages.
- Lemons are a rich source of nutrients and minerals and also contain vitamin C.
- Lemon help to reduce the effects of oxidative damages. It also treats varicose veins, fluctuating blood pressures, and keeps the skin glowing.
- It is a very useful to treat pain and discomfort caused by varicose veins.
- Butcher’s broom contains ruscogenin compound that restricts the inflammation.
- It also rich in minerals like vitamin C and B.
- It helps to decrease the inflammation and improves the blood circulation in the overall body.
HORSE CHESTNUT SEEDS
- It have been used since centuries to treat varicose veins.
- These nuts are rich with anti-inflammatory compounds that prevent veins narrowing and reduces the damage caused by varicose veins.
- The essentials present in horse chestnuts increase the elasticity of the veins and prevent the bacteria from damaging the valves.
- This herb used to cure the damaged blood vessels and varicose veins.
- Treat the swollen veins and the discomfort.
- Improves whole body blood flow by treating the plaque in the blood valves.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.