Greeva Basti comprises of two words – Greeva and Basti that translates holding something in the neck.
Procedure – The procedure of Greeva Basti is to lie down a person’s face down on the massage table. Then the dough is prepared out of black gram flour or whole wheat flour and it is made into a small ring of four to five inches in diameter that cover all the vertebrae of the neck and 2-3 vertebrae of the thoracic region. To make it leak-proof, glued it with some amount of water then a lukewarm medicated oil or the decoction of herbs is slowly poured into it. When this cools down it is squeezed out and replaced with the warmer one. At the end of the procedure, the dough is removed and a gentle massage is given over the area. The total duration of the procedure is about 30 minutes after that a person is made to take rest for a while.
- Relieves the burden of stress and congestion in nerves, bones, muscles of the neck and shoulders and thus relaxing and rejuvenating them
- It improves flexibility and brings smooth movement.
- Improves circulation around the neck and shoulder region.
- Relieves pain and stiffness.
Facilities for IPD Patients –
- Consultation with MD Ayurvedic Physician and Panchakarma procedures are done under his guidance
- Well-Hygienic Accommodation
- Daily Routine Examination
- Daily two sittings of Panchakarma Therapies
- Everyday all three Ayurvedic Meals are provided