In Ayurveda, Shirodhara is a classic therapy which includes pouring of warm herbal oil on the forehead in a continuous stream. The term Shirodhara comes from two words “Shiro” meaning ‘head’ and “Dhara” meaning ‘stream’ that is considered as Bahiparimarjanachikitsa, or external treatments in Ayurveda.
Procedure –Shirodhara treatment begins with Abhyangam. The person has to lie down on the table with closed eyes and relax the body. Before starting the treatment, eyes and ears should be covered with clean cotton to prevent the entrance of oil in eyes and ears. The procedure starts with the pouring of about 2 liters lukewarm oil continuously as a stream on to the forehead in an oscillating manner. The time duration of Shirodhara may extend 45-1 hour depending upon the condition of a patient.The therapist may also give a mild Shiroabhyanga during this procedure. After completion of the procedure, the head washed with lukewarm water and remove the cotton from the eyes and ears and clean that area with a clean cloth. The patient should be advised to avoid dust, sunlight, cold, wind for a short while.
- Reduces memory problems and improves concentration.
- It provides relief from headaches, sinusitis, cough, cold, etc.
- Improves concentration and promotes better sleep.
- Provides strength to the nervous system.
- Reduces stress, depression, anxiety, etc.
- Calms the Kapha Dosha and improves the blood circulation of the brain.
Facilities for IPD Patients –
- Consultation with MD Ayurvedic Physician & Panchakarma procedures are done under his guidance
- Well-Hygienic Accommodation
- Daily Routine Examination
- Daily two sittings of Panchakarma Therapies
- Everyday all three Ayurvedic Meals are provided