Swedana is defined as a type of steam therapy explained in Ayurvedic medical science that includes the process of inducing sweating with the help of steam, generated from medicated herbal decoctions. It is a pre-operative procedure in various detox therapies where the main objective is to dilate the obstructive channels of the body to detach the toxins from the deep tissues.
Procedure – First of all, herbs and oils are selected according to the condition and dosha predominance. Then oil should be gently applied to the whole body by covering the head and eyes part using wet cotton. Ayurveda believes that eyes and head should be protected from overheat. After applying medicated oil, a person has to sit or lay down in the chamber where steam emanates from boiling herbal decoction. Treatment is continued until the whole body is sweat very well. After the completion of the procedure, a person has to take a shower with lukewarm water.
- Balances Vata and Kapha humor in the body
- Increases Circulation
- Rejuvenates and Revitalizes the skin
- Improves digestion
- Reduces stress, mental exertion, anxiety, etc.
Packages for IPD Patients –
- Consultation with MD Ayurvedic Physician
- Well-Hygienic Accommodation
- Daily Routine Examination
- Daily two sittings of Panchakarma Therapies
- All three Ayurvedic Meals
There are no reviews yet.