Avascular necrosis is a problem occurring in bones in which bone tissue i.e. bone tissue starts dying. Simply put, bones start melting. The reason for this disease is that due to obstruction of blood flow, sufficient amount of blood is not able to reach the tissue. And if any tissue will not get proper amount of blood then there will be lack of nutrition due to which these tissues start dying. This disease is also known as osteonecrosis. Mostly this problem occurs in the hip bone, due to which the round part of the femur which forms the hip joint starts to melt. Although this problem can occur at any age, but mainly people between the age group of 30 to 60 years suffer more from it.
- There are many causes of avascular necrosis. Injury to the joints or bones: Any injury or discomfort to the joint, such as an opening of the joint, can damage the blood vessels near it.
- Fat deposition in blood vessels – Sometimes fat deposits in the blood vessels, due to which these vessels become narrow. Because of this, blood does not reach the bones, due to which they do not get enough nutrition.
- Illness – Even if there are medical conditions like sickle cell anemia and Gaucher’s disease, there is not enough blood to reach the bones. Apart from all this, there are some such unintentional reasons, due to which this disease takes people in its grip.
SYMPTOMS OF AVASCULAR NECROSIS
- Pain (may come and go or be constant)
- Stiffness or “tightness” in the joint
- Limping or gait changes
- Refusal to use joints or do certain activities
- Problems climbing or descending stairs.
WHO IS AT RISK
- People who take high doses of dexamethasone and prednisone
- Children above 10 years of age
- Sickle cell disease
- Excessive radiation to the bone
- Asparaginase and Dexamethasone Treatment
- Hereditary genetic changes.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU DON’T HAVE AVN?
- Excessive consumption of alcohol and tobacco are known to be the biggest reasons behind AVN. That is why it is most important that you keep a distance from the consumption of these things. Because alcohol and tobacco cause many small droplets of fat in the body to flow here and there and over time they get deposited in small blood vessels and stop the flow of blood. And due to lack of nutrition, your bones or joints start to rot.
- Apart from this, another major cause of AVN is the uncontrolled and incorrect use of steroids. Steroids are mixed in large amounts in many products these days in order to gain weight, reduce or increase height. Due to this wrong use of steroids, there is a wrong effect on the bones and the bones start melting. That is why it is important that whatever treatment you get done, you should get it done only under the guidance of a trained doctor or Vaidya. So that you can stay away from a dreaded disease like AVN.
AVASCULAR NECROSIS TREATMENT IN AYURVEDA
- Irrespective of the disease, Ayurveda has a different approach towards every disease. Ayurveda treatment not only understands the causes of the problem and treats it but also believes in eliminating it from the root. Ayurveda treatment scientifically cures the disease from the root. In situations like AVN where there is a need to correct the system of the body, Ayurveda works very well to correct the normal functioning of the body. Ayurveda treatment also has the ability to cure the disease without any side effects. Due to all these qualities of Ayurveda, in today’s era people resort to Ayurveda even in serious problems like avascular necrosis where allopathic medicine fails to a large extent and there is no option but to replace the bone.
- ‘Ayurveda’s amazing results have been seen for the problem of AVN or osteonecrosis. Chandigarh Ayurved Centre providing the treatment of Avascular Necrosis since so many years with excellent results and success. According to statistics about 95% of cases go for hip replacement in 3 years. In osteonecrosis, this occurs because the bone is eroded too quickly. On the contrary, with the help of the treatment given by Chandigarh Ayurved Center, patients suffering from 10 years are not only saved from the process of hip replacement, but also lead a normal life.
CAC TREATMENT FOR AVASCULAR NECROSIS
- Detox Premium Powder – The powder is very beneficial to cure anybody pain as it removes excess toxins from the body and balances the aggravated pitta and vata dosha. It consists of several herbs and bhasmas such as shukta pishti, giloy satv, parwal pishti, kamdudha rasa, moti pishti, gandhak rasayan, akik pishti, etc. The ingredients help in reducing swelling, redness, shrinkage of tear lining in the anus, burning sensation, etc.
Recommended Dosage – Take one sachet twice daily.
- Makar Rasayan Tablet – Makar Rasayan tablet is a herbo-mineral tablet and is purely Ayurvedic formulation. CAC MAKAR RASAYAN tablet help in balancing all the three doshas. It helps to rejuvenate body tissues and act as an immuno modulator. It helps in proper blood circulation. It prevents the skin from dryness. It contains natural ingredients like shudha kuchla, guduchi satva, shudha shilajeet, abhrak bhasma, ras sindoor, moonga bhasma, shankh bhasma, praval pishti etc. Herbs and minerals used for the formulation of these tablets show antioxidant, aphrodiasic, analgesic and immuno modulator properties.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice a day with normal water.
- Nerve Up Tablet – Nerve up tablet is a herbo-mineral tablet and is purely ayurvedic formulation. CAC Nerve up tablets help in balancing the vata doshas. It reduces kapha dosha, and acts as nervine stimulant. It shows effective results in improving the central nervous system. It contains natural ingredients like shudha kuchala, shudha shilajeet, abhrak bhasma, praval pishti, shankh bhasma etc. These contains natural vatahar properties and helps in curing vata diseases.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice a day with normal water.
- Pain-O-kill Tablets – As the name suggests these tablets will kill the pain naturally. The herbs present in the formation of these tablets are Ashwagandha, Hadjod, Punarnava, Nirgundi, Methi, Garlic, etc. These herbs in combination show antioxidant, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, immuno-modulator properties. The regular use of these tablets reduce body pain and acts on its root cause.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
- Pain-O-kill Syrup – The herbal syrup is prepared from ingredients like Shunthi, Shudh Guggulu, Ashwagandha, Hadjod, Nirgundi, etc that reduces pain naturally. This herbal syrup helps to reduce body pain, muscle stiffness, inflammation, & swelling. The ingredients used for the preparation of the syrup possess antioxidant, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, etc properties.
Recommended Dosage – Take 2 teaspoonful’s twice daily.
Dr. Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1 Lakh Plus patients worldwide.