Eczema is also known as atopic dermatitis. It is a skin disorder in which the patches of skin become inflamed, cracked, itchy and rough. The blisters may also occur. It is a very common skin disease. It mostly commonly occurs on face, behind the knees, inside the elbows, hands and feet.
Eczema is non-contagious. It is not transmitted from one person to another person. People having asthma, hay fever, etc. like allergic conditions are more prone to eczema. It is a chronic condition which comes and go with time.
Some foods like dairy products and nuts etc. can trigger the onset of eczema. Smoke, pollen, fragrances, etc. are also environmental triggers.
There has been found no cure of eczema but its symptoms can be managed by maintaining proper diet and with certain medicines.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF ECZEMA
Eczema is of various types. The following types are:
- Allergic contact dermatitis
- Dyshydrotic dermatitis
- Discoid eczema
- Stasis dermatitis
CAUSES OF ECZEMA
Eczema is caused by a variety of factors such as:
- Having family history of eczema
- Weak immune system
- Excessive air pollution
- Endocrine disorders like hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism
- Sensitive skin
TRIGGERS OF ECZEMA
With the following factors, the symptoms of eczema either start or flare up:
- Synthetic clothes
- Animal dander
- Certain types of chemicals present in cleaners, detergents, etc.
- Pollen grains
- Dust or dust mites
- Rough scratchy material like wool
- Food allergies
SYMPTOMS OF ECZEMA
Following are the common signs and symptoms of eczema:
- Severe itching
- Scaly patches on skin
- Thickened and cracked skin
- Weeping sores
- Skin infections
COMPLICATIONS OF ECZEMA
Following are the complications which are associated with eczema:
- Hay fever
- Chronic itchy and scaly skin
- Other types of skin infections
DIAGNOSIS OF ECZEMA
The doctor will take a close look at the patient’s skin. He will ask about the symptoms of the disease. He will look for classic signs and symptoms of eczema. He may also suggest some tests to rule out other skin conditions:
- Blood tests
- Skin allergy test
CHANDIGARH AYURVED CENTER’E MEDICATIONS FOR THE TREATMENT OF ECZEMA
Here are some of the medications of Chandigarh Ayurved Center which are used for the treatment of eczema:
1. Detox Premium Powder
- The eczema sachet consists of various herbo-mineral preparations in it.
- Parwal Pishti: This Pishti is prepared from natural coral calcium processed with rose water. It reduces the inflammation in the eczema patients.
- Shukta Pishti: It contains pearl oyster shell calcium processed in different ways. This Pishti balances the pitta dosha in the body.
- Giloy Satv: This satv is prepared from the herb Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia). The antioxidant nature of this herb removes all toxins out from the body.
- Gandhak Rasayana: The main ingredient in this is purified sulphur that acts as a blood purifier. This rasayana deal with all signs and symptoms related to eczema.
- Tal Sindoor: It is an herbal medicine that contains ingredients like Shuddha parade, Gandhak, Shuddha haratal, and Aloe vera that treat various skin diseases.
- Sudhyog Tab: These are herbal tablets that provide very effective result in eczema patients.
- Moti Pishti: This is an ayurvedic preparation that shows anti-inflammatory properties. As it reduces inflammation in eczema patients.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 sachet twice daily with plain water
2. Blood Purifier Syrup
The herbal syrup is prepared from herbs like Khadir Chall (Acacia catechu), Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia), Neem (Azadirachta indica), Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia), Harad (Terminalia bellirica), Baheda (Terminalia chebula), & Amla (Emblica officinalis) that acts as a natural blood purifier. This herbal syrup reduces redness, itchiness, swelling on the skin.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 teaspoonful twice daily
3. Panchtikat Ghrit Guggul
This herbal preparation contain ingredients like Neem (Azadirachta indica), Patola (Trichosanthes dioica), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), Vasa (Adhatoda vasica), Patha (Cissampelos pariera), Vidanga (Embelia ribes), etc that relieves all skin diseases. It balances Pitta & Kapha dosha in the body.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with plain water
4. Twak churna
Twak Churna balances all the three doshas of your body. It help reduce symptoms of various skin diseases like ECZEMA, PSORIASIS, cure FRECKLES, and other skin allergies. It help reduce Pigmentation of skin, MELASMA over face and Acne along with Urticaria, Cellulites and all kinds of Dermatitis. It contain ingredients like Yashtimadhu and Manjishtha that possess antioxidant, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 teaspoon twice daily with normal water.
5. Skin Care tablet
Skin care tablet is herbo mineral and purely ayurvedic formulation. It help to maintain the texture of your skin depending on the type of skin you have. It contains various herbs like Haridra khand, Panchnimb churna, Khadir chahal, Chirayta, Mulethi, Chopchini, Gandhak, Ajmoda that work very effectively on all skin types. Skin care is a blood purifying tablet. It cools and detoxifies the blood, removes stagnant blood and dissolves obstructions in the blood flow that further increase blood circulation of the skin.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily
6. Twak Tailam
TWAK TAILAM is the herbal oil and is purely Ayurvedic preparation. CAC Twak Tailam provides relief from various skin problems such as pimples, blemishes, scars, ulcers, wounds, skin rashes, dry patches, itching, skin irritation, reduces redness, etc. It is composed of natural herbs that pacifies all three doshas and provides healthy skin. This oil is made up of pure herbs such as yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra), manjistha (Rubia cordifolia). Twak tailam supports skin health, helps in reducing uneven pigments, delays the process of ageing, improves complexion, and helps in deep detoxification, blood purification without any side effects.
Recommended Dosage: Apply to affected area twice daily
Dr. Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1 Lakh Plus patients worldwide.