- A lipoma is a benign mass or lump of fatty tissue that usually present beneath the underlying muscle and skin.
- While finding any lump or swelling on your body can be fearful, lipomas are most likely harmless. However, lipomas are still needed to be checked by your doctor, just to be on the safer side.
- You are not alone who is having lipoma. They are the most familiar inoffensive benign tumor found in adults, according to the American Academy.
- It is possible to have more than one lipoma in the body, and they are slightly more likely to occur in men than in women.
Signs and symptoms
- A lipoma is likely to feel soft or rubbery to the touch; you may even be able to shift it around a bit with your finger as they are mobile.
- Lipomas are usually not painful, and they don’t produce any symptoms, except one, a person with a lipoma may experience pain if the lipoma is present on nerves and pressurizing it or contains blood vessels.
- Lipomas are not cancerous,Unless a lipoma is growing in size or troubling you in some way, there is no need to take further action once you get it checked out. Your doctor will make sure to check and examine the lipoma.
- Lipomas can form at any site on the body, but you’re most likely to find them on your trunk, shoulders, neck, and arms.
- They tend to spread slowly and generally don’t develop in size more than 2 inches overall, although some lipomas may present greater than that.
Causes and risk factors
- Medical professionals don’t know what the causative factors of lipoma are, but some think it’s a response to physical trauma.
- Some believe that the lipoma already exists and is brought to recognition because of the injury.
Here are some possible risk factors:
Lack of Exercise
Being physically active may protect you from certain diseases. Some medical experts believe that lipomas develop more often in inactive or lethargic people.
Lipomas often run in families, so heredity may play a role.
Though lipomas can form in anyone, they are most likely to develop in middle-aged individuals between the age of 40 and 55.
Certain Medical Conditions
A person may develop one or multiple lipomas if they have Gardner syndrome (a certain condition inherited disorder that causes benign and malignant tumors to grow), familial multiple lipomatosis (an autosomal dominant condition), adiposis dolorosa (Dercum’s disease), or Madelung’s disease (seen mostly in heavy drinkers in men).
- The prognosis for lipomas is usually very good. Unless the lipomas trouble or continue to grow in size or change, you would not need any management other than making sure your doctor takes care during your regular physical exam.
- People who represent lipomas are not more likely to develop liposarcoma. Atypical lipomas may transform into a liposarcoma, but it is very rare.
Management of Lipoma in CAC
CAC Kanchnar Guggul
It is an Ayurvedic and purely herbal formulation. It is available in tablet form and is to be taken orally. They are processed by decreasing the decoction of herbal substances to a thick consistency and after pouring some powders for creating a pill heap. CAC Kanchnar guggul is an herbal medicine that diminishes any kind of abnormal growth or lump in the body, restoration of ulcers, thyroid dysfunctioning, wound, hernia, and cancer.
This Capsule contains an extract of the herb Curcumin (Curcuma longa). Curcumin is the active element found in Turmeric having powerful Anti-inflammatory, Antibacterial and Antifungal properties. These Capsules lowers the risk of Heart Attack, Prevent Cancer by reducing the growth of cancerous cells, helps in treating rheumatoid arthritis and Alzheimer’s disease.
CAC Trikatu Churna
It helps to eliminate excess Kapha or mucous from the body, supports the respiratory system, manages weight, helps to reduce toxins or ama from the body, helps reduce abnormal growth like lipoma, supports healthy detoxification, reduces swelling. It has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and expectorant properties. It is made up of 3 herbs, Pippali (Piper longum), Shunthi (Zingiber officinale), and Marich (Piper nigrum) that stabilize the metabolism in the body.
CAC Panchsakar churn is 100% natural and pure. It is prepared from different herbs like Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Shunthi (Zingiber Officinale), Swaran Patri, Shatapushpa, and Saindhav Lavan that show anti-oxidant, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, and laxative properties.
Detox premium powder
The ingredients present in it are gandhak rasayan,praval pishti, Giloy sat, kamdudha ras, Jahar Mohra, sutshekhar ras, etc. These ingredients balance all three doshas (Vata, Pitta & Kapha) and help in reducing the size of lipomas, blood purification. It is very beneficial in reducing swelling and improves the movement of joints.
Dr. Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1 Lakh Plus patients worldwide.