Cysts are common but when it grows in ovaries it is named as Ovarian Cyst. Your body has the ability to heal itself all it needs is proper diagnosis and ayurvedic treatment. These cysts appear as pockets or fluid-filled sacs that are present in or over the surface of the ovary. Most of the women are dealing with this problem due to wrong eating habits and inactive life-style. In women, there is two pair of ovaries.
These ovaries appear like an almond present on each side of the uterus. The egg named as ova gets mature in the ovaries that are released every month in women from the age of puberty.
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Ovarian Cyst?
The different signs and symptoms seen in ovarian cyst patients are:
- Pain that is caused due to rupture of the cyst, bleeding into the cyst, rapid growth, stretching, due to twisting of the cyst around blood vessels.
- Abdominal pain
- Low backache
- Difficulty in emptying the bladder
- Urgency to defecate
- Frequent urination
- Unbearable pain in the pelvic area
- Difficult bowel movements
- Painful intercourse
- Expansion of the abdomen
What are the Causes of Ovarian Cyst?
There are many causes for the development of ovarian cyst mentioned in detail below:
- Corpus luteum cyst is a tissue in the ovary that takes place when the egg is released from a follicle. This cyst is filled with blood or fluid and found on one side without producing any symptoms.
- Endometriosis is also known as chocolate cyst. The endometrial tissue grows or bleed that is red or brown in color known as endometrioma.
- Follicular cyst is formed of blood that causes leakage into the egg sac.
- Dermoid cysts are the growth of abnormal tissues named as benign cystic teratomas.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome contains multiple small cysts within both ovaries.
- Tubo-ovarian abscesses are presence of pus-filled spaces that is present in or around the ovaries or ovarian tubes.
What are the Risk Factors of Ovarian Cyst?
The risk factors for ovarian cysts are:
- The imbalance in hormones due to taking fertility drugs is at risk of having an ovarian cyst.
- Pelvic infection can be a reason for cyst formation.
- During pregnancy, the cyst may develop on your ovaries.
- If you are having a history of cyst earlier.
- Endometriosis causes the growth of uterine cells outside the uterus. These tissues grow over the ovary in the form of a cyst.
What is the Ayurvedic Treatment of Ovarian Cyst?
As per Ayurvedic point of view, cyst is correlated with Granthi. When this cyst is present in the ovary, it is named as “andkosh granthi”. In Ayurveda ovarian cyst is related to kaphaj granthi. Mainly kapha dosha is involved with the pitta and vata doshas. The ayurvedic herbs will maintain all the signs and symptoms along with the three doshas in the body. Chandigarh Ayurved centre provides the best treatment known as “Ovarian Cyst Heal Care Kit” that will work on the root cause of disease. This kit comprises of four products mentioned in detail given below:
1. Kachnaar Guggul
These are classical herbal tablets that had been in practice since many years for granthi dosha. The tablets are prepared from ingredients like Pippali, Bibhitaki, Haritaki, Shunthi, etc that reduce the size of the cyst and remove it from the body. Pain, swelling, discomfort, bloating, etc are subsided with the use of these tablets.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 tablets twice daily with normal water.
2. Stri Vyadhihari Tablets
As the name suggests these tablets will deal with the women health issues. It balances the vata and pitta dosha in the body. These tablets are prepared from ingredients like Shatapushpa, Karpasamoola, Latakaranja beej, etc that will deal with the women issues like dysfunctional uterine bleeding, infertility, ovarian cysts, miscarriage, menopause, recurrent absorption etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
3. Stri-Poshak Syrup
As the name suggests, this syrup provides complete nourishment to the women. It is considered as a general uterine tonic. The herbs used for its preparation are Shatavari, Ashwagandha, Ashok chall, Lodhra chall, Haritaki, etc that maintain all signs and symptoms in ovarian cyst patients.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 teaspoonful twice daily.
4. Rajahpravartani Vati
These herbal tablets stimulate the ovulation and remove ovarian cysts. Rajahpravartani vati is classical tablets that have been prepared from ingredients like Kaseesa, Tankana, Kanya, Ramatha. For various women health issues, these tablets provide benefits.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 tablets twice daily with normal water.
What is the Panchakarma Procedure for Ovarian Cyst?
Panchakarma is the best way to detoxify the body internally as all the dosha are removed out from the body. Chandigarh Ayurved Centre provides the best panchakarma treatment along with the ayurvedic medicines for the treatment of ovarian cyst. This treatment firstly reduces the size of the cyst and removes it out from the body.
The procedures for ovarian patients are mentioned below in detail:
- Kshara Basti: This basti is given in kaphaja, medoja, and amaja conditions. The basti is prepared from Kshara along with the gomutra and other teeksha dravyas. In the form of enema (basti) this is given to the patient.
- Udavartan: This is an ayurvedic herbal massage that will remove the excessive kapha dosha in the body. It is a massage that uses powders composed of minerals, medicinal species, and herbs.
- Patra potli pind sweda: In this procedure a potali (bag) is prepared from the medicated herbs like Nirgundi, Eranda, etc. This potli is dipped in herbal medicated oil. The whole body is massaged with this potali. The procedure will help to balance all three doshas (vata, pitta, kapha) in the body. The pain, inflammation, and swelling will be reduced with the use of this procedure.
- Anuvasan Basti: This basti is prepared from medicated oil or ghee. In this procedure, the quantity of basti depends on the age of the patient. It will remove all toxins from the body.
Healthy Tips and Diet for Ovarian Cyst Patients:
- Drink plenty of water and avoid aerated drinks.
- Include fresh vegetables and fruits in raw form to your diet.
- All lentils and chickpeas are good for ovarian cyst patients.
- For the cooking purpose use olive oil and eat nuts like almond, raisins, figs, walnut, etc.
- In your diet include green leafy vegetables as these are rich in fiber and deal with ovarian cyst patients.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and quit smoking.
- Refined sugar products, white rice, excessive salt, white flour (maida), wheat product, etc should be avoided.
- Poultry, red meat, & dark meat should be avoided as it is not good.
- Do exercise for 30 minutes at least.
- Also perform yoga poses like suryanamaskar, kapalbhati, savasana, butterfly pose, bhujangasana, paschimottanasana, sethu bandhasana, bharadwajasana, halaasana, dhanurasana, etc.