Ayurvedic & Panchakarma Treatment of Back Pain
Best panchakarma treatment for back pain : Sometimes all you can do is smile. Move on with your day, hold back the tears and pretend you’re okay this is the condition a patient suffering from backache is facing every moment.
Backache is a debilitating and uncomfortable situation. It is the common reason for absence from work. It can affect people of any age.
The chances of lower back pain are common as the people get older due to degenerative changes in the disc.
The pain in the upper part of the back is due to spine inflammation, tumor in the chest, & disorders of the aorta. Lower back pain is associated with discs between the vertebrae, lower back muscles, bony lumbar spine, spinal cord, nerve compression, discs between the vertebrae, ligaments around the discs and the spine, skin around the lumbar region, abdominal and pelvic internal organs.
Most of the people take a higher dose of pain-killers and steroids for lower back treatment that causes side effects on the body.
Instead of all these medicines, you should always take ayurvedic and panchakarma treatment for proper relief. These medicines, act on the root cause of the disease without causing any side-effects.
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Backache?
The various signs and symptoms that are associated with backache patients are:
- Swelling and inflammation on the back
- Muscle ache
- Pain that radiates down your leg
- An injury or trauma to the back
- Weight loss
- Numbness around the anus
- Urinary incontinence
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Numbness around the buttocks
- Fecal incontinence
- Numbness around the genitals
- Pain that worsens with walking, standing, lifting, bending
- Stabbing or shooting pain
- Radiating pain in your leg
What are the Causes of Back Pain?
Our back is composed of ligaments, tendons, discs, bones, & muscles that support the body. When there is a problem with any of the component it can cause back pain.
Damage to the back is due to poor posture, strain, medical conditions, & many other conditions. There are many causes for backache mentioned below:
- Strain in muscles, ligaments, muscle tension, fracture, injuries, muscle spasm, fracture, injuries, lifting heavyweight, etc.
- Structural problems like bulging disks, ruptured disks, arthritis, sciatica, osteoporosis, abnormal curvature of the spine, kidney stones, kidney infections, etc.
- Cauda equina syndrome causes pain in upper buttocks, lower back, and numbness in thighs, buttocks, & genitalia.
- A tumor on the spine, infection of the spine, pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Wrong sitting posture & obesity.
- Muscle tension, over-stretching, lifting, pulling, pushing, or carrying heavyweight.
What is the Ayurvedic Concept for Back Pain?
In Ayurveda Backache is correlated with “Kati Shoola” mainly vata dosha is involved. It is categorized under vataja nantmaja vyadhis. Kati is known as Back and shoola means pain.
What is the Ayurvedic Treatment for Back Pain?
Ayurveda contains various herbs that balance vata dosha naturally. Ayurvedic medicines act on the root cause of disease & relieve all symptoms without causing any side-effects.
Chandigarh Ayurved Centre contains a complete Backache Solution Kit for the natural and ayurvedic treatment of Back Pain. This Kit comprises five products Nerve Up tablet, Nerve Plus Tablet, Panchsakar Churna, Pain O Kill Oil, & Trikatu Syrup and Detox Premium Powder.
Real Testimonial of Backache
All Products description in detail:
1. Nerve up tablet:
These tablets are pure ayurvedic formulation. Nerve up tablets help in balancing the vata doshas and kapha dosha. It acts as nervine stimulant. It shows effective results in improving the central nervous system. It contains natural ingredients like shudha kuchala, shudha shilajeet, praval pishti, shankh bhasma etc. This tablet helps in Backache, kneepain, headache, bronchitis, depression.
Recommended Dosage– Take 1 tablet twice daily.
2. Back Care tablet:
Back Care tablet is an herbal and purely Ayurvedic formulation. This tablet helps by strengthening your back muscles in relieving back pain whether it be by sciatica, arthritis, kidney infections, infection of the spine and cancer of spinal cord. It helps to pacify Vata dosha and also helps in maintaining proper blood circulation. This is often used for mild to moderate pain all over the body and relaxes your muscles. It contains herbs that act as natural pain relievers.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily.
3. Panchasakar Churna:
Panchsakar Churana is an Ayurvedic formulation that consists of five ingredients named as – Saindhavan Lavana – (Rock Salt), Swarnapatri – (Cassia angustifolia), Shatapushpa – (Anethum sowa), Shunti – (Zingiber officinale), Balaharitaki – (Unripe fruits of Terminalia chebula).Panchasakar Churna is naturally detoxifying, thus it removes the toxins from the body. The churna has an anti – inflammatory properties due to which it can reduces the swelling. It is also effective in reducing the weight, which can help to reduce the pressure on lumbar area.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 teaspoonful with Luke warm water at bedtime.
4. Pain-O-Kill Oil:
This herbal oil contain ingredients like – Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata), Kustha (Saussurea lappa), Jyotishmati (Celastrus paniculatus), Vatsnabh (Aconitum ferox), Devdaru (Cedrus deodara) etc. This oil is an Ayurvedic medicine which gives best result in all types of pain. It is beneficial for the muscle relaxant, sports injury, low back pain, weakness, etc. This oil has a good result in reducing the inflammation.
Method of Usage – It is applied on the affected portion of the body and massage with light pressure. Do this procedure twice a day.
5. Pain O Kill Tablet:
Pain o kill tablet is ayurvedic and purely herbal formulation. It help to relax your muscles and muscles cramps thus relieving pain. It balances all the three doshas of your body thus maintaining proper blood circulation. It provides soothing effect to the affected area of pain. It contains various herbs like Jivanti, Musta, Usher, Bilwa, Shatavri and Kantakari. All these herbs are natural pain relievers.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily.
What is the Panchakarma Treatment for Back Pain?
Panchakarma is the best way to treat all the signs and symptoms related to Backache patients.
As it gives good results along with ayurvedic medicines mentioned above. The procedures recommended in Backache are:
- Kati Vasti: In this procedure, a circular ring is formed on the back with dough. After that lukewarm medicated oil is poured in this ring. After that, the oil is removed. The procedure is done for four to five-time.
- Patra Potli Pind Sweda: In this procedure, a potali (bag) is filled with herbal leaves. After that, it is cooked in medicated oil. With this potali lower back is massaged to reduce the potali.
- Shasti Shali Pind Sweda: The shasti shali rice is cooked in medicated oil. After that, the affected area of back is massaged with this potali and can be an effective treatment for back pain in Ayurveda.
- Abhayang: In this procedure, lower back is massaged with the medicated herbal oil for lower back pain relief.
Healthy Tips and Diet for Back Pain Patients:
- Eat a healthy diet and avoid processed or fast food items.
- Drink green coconut water daily.
- Avoid drinking tea and coffee.
- Eat plenty of fruits except banana.
- Consume food items that are rich in fiber for avoiding constipation.
- Smoking, drinking alcohol, & taking tobacco should be strictly avoided.
- Include raw salads in your diet. Also, include green leafy vegetables.
- You can take yellow lentil, pink lentil, green gram but avoid black gram, chickpeas, white rice, kidney beans.
- Walk daily for 30 mins daily.
- Do perform yoga poses for lower backpain treatment like Bhujangasana, Ardha mastsyendrasana, Trikonasana, Halasana, Paschimottanasana, Adho Mukha Svanasana, Tadasana, Garudasana, Dhanurasana, etc.
Find Panchakarma Treatment for backpain in Sector 17 Chandigarh, Panchakarma Treatment in Sector 10 Chandigarh, Panchakarma Treatment for back pain in Sector 11 Chandigarh, Panchakarma treatment for back pain in Panchkula, Panchakarma treatment for back pain in Sector 16 Chandigarh, Panchakarma Treatment for back pain in sector 47, Panchakarma treatment for back pain in sector 45 Chandigarh, Panchakarma treatment for back pain in Sector 34 Chandigarh, Panchakarma treatment for back pain in Mohali.
Question : Is Panchakarma good for back pain?
Answer : A complete panchakarma treatment that includes all stages of the Panchakarma therapy will definitely help restore the body’s metabolism, the dosha balance will be restored, one will feel rejuvenated and revitalized and the overall nervous system will definitely feel.
Question : Can Ayurveda cure back pain?
Answer : Back pain is one of the leading causes of disability worldwide, and that too at a young age. In Ayurveda, there are many herbs which are normally used to cure back pain. These herbs ensure that the pain does not recur again and again. In fact, Ayurveda recommends using these herbs to deal with a number of ailments like digestive problems and muscle cramps.
Question : What are the five treatments of Panchakarma?
Answer : Vaman.
Question : Why Panchakarma treatment is done?
Answer : Panchakarma therapy is suitable for the treatment of various ailments and rejuvenation of the body. During the therapy, herbal oils and various medicines like medicated steam and herbal extracts are used for massage, which provides relief from stress related problems. The elimination of toxins is done through enemas and purgatives. Panchakarma therapy helps in improving overall performance of the body, treating gastrointestinal dysfunction, joint disorders, skin diseases and other issues associated with excess pitta dosha in the body. Why Panchakarma treatment is done?
Question : Is Ashwagandha good for back pain?
Answer : The root and berry of the Ashwagandha plant are used to treat arthritis, anxiety, insomnia, tumours, tuberculosis, asthma, leukoderma, bronchitis, backache, fibromyalgia, menstrual problems, hiccups and chronic liver disease. It is also used for stress, focus and as a sexual stimulant.
Question : What are the types of panchkarma?
Answer : Panchakarma is a Five types of Ayurvedic treatments used for detoxification of body. Vamana, Virechana, Basti, Nasya and Raktamokshana are the 5 treatments included in Panchakarma. Typically a three-week process, Panchakarma is believed by practitioners to be the most effective way to achieve perfect balance within the mind and body. Doing these five treatments
Dr. Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1 Lakh Plus patients worldwide.