What are Piles?
In Medical term, piles can be named as Hemorrhoids.
Hemorrhoids are the collection of inflamed tissue in the anal canal. They can have a range of sizes, and may be internal or external. Internal piles are normally located between 2 and 4 centimeters above the opening of the anus. External piles occur on the outside edge of the anus.
What are the Types of Piles (Hemorrhoids ) .?
- Internal Piles : It is most common than external hemorrhoids. Internal piles are normally located between 2-4 centimeters above the opening of the anus. These are generally painless because there are less pain sensing nerves in the rectum.
- External Piles : External piles are small lumps on the outside edge of the anus. They are itchy and can become painful if a blood clot develops. It occurs in the lower part of the anal canal and is a painful condition.
What are the Causes of Piles (Hemorrhoids) .?
Piles are mainly caused by the increased pressure in the lower rectum. The blood vessels around the anus and in the rectum will stretch under pressure and may swell or bulge, forming piles. This may be due to :
- Chronic Constipation
- Chronic Diarrhea
- Lifting heavy weights
- Sitting for long periods of time, especially on the toilet
- Poor posture
- Being overweight or obese
- Spinal cord injury
- Low fiber diet
- Straining when passing a stool.
What are the Symptoms Of Piles(Hemorrhoids ).?
- A hard, possibly painful lump may be felt around the anus.
- After passing a stool, a person with piles may experience the feeling that bowels are still full.
- Bright red blood is visible after a bowel movement.
- The area around the anus is itchy, red, and sore.
- Fecal incontinence, or an inability to control bowel movements.
- Excessive anal bleeding, also possibly leads to anemia.
- Swelling around the anus.
- Pain or discomfort, especially when sitting.
- Blood is mixed in with the stool.
How many Grades of Piles (Hemorrhoids) are there?
There are Mainly four grades.
- Grade 1 – These are small inflammation, usually inside the lining of the anus. They are not visible.
- Grade 2 – They are larger than grade 1 piles, but also remain inside the anus. They may get pushed out during the passing of stool, but they will return unaided.
- Grade 3 – These are also known as prolapsed hemorrhoids, and appear outside the anus. The individual may feel them hanging from the rectum, and can be easily re – inserted.
- Grade 4 – They are large and remain outside the anus.
What is the Ayurvedic View on Piles (Hemorrhoids).?
In Ayurveda, the term Piles or Hemorrhoids is termed as ‘Arshas’. Arshas is defined as the disease in which the mamsa ankura (fleshy masses) which occur at the opening of guda marga (anus), obstructs the pathway and trouble the person is called as Arshas.
Pathogenesis of Arshas – The vitiated doshas (vata, pitta and kapha) contaminates the twak (skin), mamsa (muscle), meda (fat) tissues and cause mamsa ankuras (fleshy masses) at the anal opening. These masses will leads to the Arshas.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Piles (Hemorrhoids)
Ayurvedic treatment for piles – There are numerous herbs present in Ayurveda that provides amazing result in the management of the piles. Chandigarh Ayurveda Center provides a “Piles Relief Kit” that cures the piles with all the natural management with no side effects.
Real Testimonial of Piles and Fissure Patient
The description of all products in detail:
1. Piles Soft Tablet
It is herbo mineral and purely Ayurvedic formulation .Arsh care tablets are 100% natural & safe containing 650mg extracts of Reetha Chhilka purified in Cow’s milk. The herb used for formulation of these tablets show antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, laxative properties. It makes your stool soft and helps prevent constipation. It is effective against bleeding piles and reduce the pain while defecation. The main uses of arsh care tablet is in Bleeding piles, prevent constipation, act as laxative, Fissures, Fistula.
DOSAGE: Take 2 tablets twice daily.
2. Triphala Guggulu Tablet
Triphala Guggulu Tablet has been used in ayurvedic medicine since ages. It is thought to support bowel health and aid digestion. As an antioxidant, it is used to detoxify the body and support the immune system. It is known for its antibacterial, antioxidant, antiviral abilities. It is prescribed for a wide range of ailments like promoting oral health, treating fatigue and gastric distress, pneumonia, constipation, vaginal infections and most importantly boost the immune system.
DOSAGE: Take 2 tablets twice daily.
3. Panchsakar Churna
This is an ayurvedic remedy that is prepared from ingredients like Shunti, Haritaki, Pippali, Trivrit, and Sauvarchala lavana. It mainly acts as a Vatakaphahara. Regular use of this churna gives effective result in loss of appetite, bloating related to piles patient. It also helps in relieving the abdominal pain and constipation very easily.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 teaspoonful daily with warm water at bedtime.
4. Triphala Syrup
As the name suggests Triphala means (Haritaki, Bibhitaki, and Amalaki) herbs are used for syrup formation. Each fruit is thought to positively impact on the body’s three doshas. This is an amazing syrup that cleans your bowel naturally and give relieve from chronic constipation related to the piles patient. It also helps in healing the inflammation of fistula- in – ano.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 teaspoonful of this syrup twice a daily with normal water.
Panchakarma Procedures For Piles (Hemorrhoids)
There are mainly five main procedures that can be done in a piles patient details are mentioned below:
- Kshara Karma – It is an Ayurvedic surgical procedure effective in pile treatment. Kshara karma involves the application of organic alkaline that promotes removal of excess tissues and proliferation and healing of normal tissues.
- Shasthi shali pind sweda: In this procedure rice are cooked with Balamoola kwath and dughda for inducing sweda. Light sweda is done to the piles patient over the affected area.
- Patra potli pind sweda: In this procedure the herbal leaves are prepared inbundle. Through this potali the affected area is massaged gently.
- Basti: This is considered as the mother of all Panchkarma procedure. It cleanses all the toxins accumulated in the body. Through herbal decoctions and ghee colon is cleaned. That ultimately gives relief from piles.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.