The first and foremost thing to understand is that there is nothing embarrassing about Hemorrhoids or Piles. It is as simple a disease as fever or sinus. Most of the people create a stigma out of Piles and end up bearing both the pain as well as the suffocation of not discussing it with the right person or expert Vaidya. Ayurveda has a cure for every disease and Piles is no exception. However, you must approach the Ayurvedic practitioner or any doctor you trust for the treatment of the same. There is no point keeping a secret of a disease like Piles which would get worsen if you do not avail the right treatment.
Ayurveda names the problem of piles as Arsha which happens because of vein in the anal region of the body growing larger in size than normal. Piles or Hemorrhoids are common among people that have a busy lifestyle and little to no space for a balanced diet. It may also be very common among pregnant women. Piles, by definition, is actually a bunch of veins around the anus. These surround the external opening and may start to protrude because of over straining.
The most common reasons for that are constipation and pregnancy. This condition might become a disease called piles or Hemorrhoids. An individual is said to be suffering from piles or Hemorrhoids when the anal opening gets irritated, inflamed and swollen due to the dilated or swollen veins around the rectum.
Ayurveda and Piles
The very first symptom of piles is the pain you experience in the rectal region accompanied by some skin irritation. If the pain continues to increase and you start noticing some blood with your stools, it is a sure shot sign that you are suffering from Hemorrhoids.
Ayurveda is that branch of life science which can help you provide relief in pains and problem of piles. It can in fact cure it as well but for that you have to make dietary and lifestyle changes as well. We recommend Ayurvedic treatment as the best for Piles because if you choose to undergo surgery, you might end up with some side effects or problems during recovery post surgery. Moreover, Ayurveda always treats a problem from the root. When you follow diet and lifestyle pattern along with Ayurvedic medication, you can experience long term relief from the pain and problems associated with piles.
How Can You Prevent Piles?
Piles can be prevented in the initial stage when you have just started experiencing the pain in the rectal region. It has been rightly said that we become what we eat. Most of the health problems we face on daily basis are caused by the wrong choices we make in food. Eating spicy food or the food that causes inflammation in your body and following a sedentary lifestyle are the main reasons for making problems like piles so common.
It is the time to follow a healthy lifestyle and follow these tips in every day routine:-
- Drink enough water and other fluids during day
- Add fiber rich foods into your diet such as whole grain, whole wheat breads, bran rich cereals, fresh leafy vegetables, fruits, etc.
- Do not overstrain yourself while passing stool
- Try to follow a strict diet and exercise regime to stay in shape / lose weight if obese
- Always keep your anal region clean
- If you have a long sitting job, remember to take a break from it
- Make sure to opt for a soft sitting surface so that the blood flow around your anal region is not restricted
- Avoid alcohol, smoking and oily, heavy foods
- Try as much as you can to be regular in your eating habits
Do this and you can stay away from piles or Hemorrhoids for good. If you cannot manage any of it or are still contracting problems with constipation or developing piles like symptoms, then choosing Ayurveda can be of a lot of help. Some of the medicines given by Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre helps in easing off the pressure from veins in the anal region and also lessen the pain as well as discomfort.
Following are some very effective Ayurvedic medicines/remedies for piles:-
- Kachnaar Guggul – Take 2 tablets twice daily. This is an effective Ayurvedic treatment for piles and also other uncontrolled outgrowths in your body. This medication shrinks the pile mass and also remove any viral warts, tumours, cysts, etc.
- Vara Churna – Take 1 tablespoonful twice daily, after meals with warm water.
- Triphala – Take a tablespoon of it with warm water, every night. This is an effective and an age old Ayurvedic remedy for piles and constipation.
- Sanjivani Vati – Take 2 tablets thrice daily, after meals. This is useful in any diseases that are caused by accumulation of endotoxins in your body. This effective Ayurvedic herb also rectifies faulty metabolism.
- Nirgundi Oil and Kasisadi Oil – Meant for external use on the affected area as directed by your physician.
Some Easy and doable Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Piles
- Apply a mix of turmeric powder, neem powder, and aloe vera juice on the affected area (pile mass) before going to bed.
- Apply papaya juice mixed with mustard oil on the affected area.
- Ayurvedic oils, ‘kaasisadi and nirgundi when mixed together can also be applied externally on the piles which helps in shrinking the pile mass and also relieves itching.
- In case you have painful and protruding piles, you can go for a Sitz bath. In this remedy, Ayurvedic oils are combined with warm water and they also prevent infection and inflammation.
- Add boiled radish, sweet potato and carrots, and beetroots into your diet as they are high in fibre content.
- Also add fresh green salads into your daily diet.
- Take 1 tablespoonful of psyllium husk once every night before going to bed.
- You can use mild fibre rich laxatives like Vara churna, Amlatas, bael powder, and Aloe vera juice to relieve symptoms of piles.
- Make a mixture of 10 grams of ripe bael fruit pulp, 3 grams of sugar, 7 black peppers (in powder form) and 13 cardamoms (powdered). Use this mixture on the affected area.
Listed here are some of the perfect remedies for bleeding piles. But the right way of dealing with the problems of piles or Hemorrhoids is to take consultation from the trusted Vaidya. Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre offers simple and effective solutions for your every woe. Discover a better and healthier way to live with Ayurveda.
Vaidya Jagjit Singh is a 3rd generation Ayurved physician from his family and is the remarkable person responsible for setting up of the Chandigarh Ayurved and Panchkarma Centre in sector 32 and 22, Chandigarh and Zirakpur and he is also the first founder member of Guru Ravidas Ayurved University. He has done his B.A.M.S. from Shri Dhanwantri Ayurvedic College, Chandigarh. He is an admirable ayurvedic physician with specialization in Chronic ailments.