Pitta dosha is made up of ‘Agni’ and ‘Water’. The word Pitta is derived from the Sanskrit word Tapa which means that the element which generates heat in the body is Pitta. It regulates enzymes and hormones produced in the body. If we understand it in common language, bile does the work of converting whatever we eat or drink, and the air we take in by breath, into blood, bone, marrow, feces and urine etc. Apart from this, the mental tasks such as intelligence, courage, happiness, etc. are also handled through bile.
A decrease in bile means a decrease in your digestive fire. If bile dosha is not in good condition in the body then it means that there is disturbance in your digestive system. Such people have more problems related to constipation. A person who has more bile defects in his body is called bile nature.
The main place of bile in the body is the stomach and small intestine. Apart from this, the central part of chest and navel, sweat, lymph, blood, digestive system and urinary institutes are also home to bile.
Effect of bile on your body and health:
Like Vata, Pitta dosha also has an effect on the health and nature of the body. The main quality of bile is fire. All the activities related to stomach and intestine are done properly due to the balance of bile.
Not being able to tolerate heat, soft and clean body, brown spots on the skin, quick white hair etc. are symptoms of bile. One of its properties is also liquid, due to which symptoms like looseness in the muscles and joints of bones, sweating, excretion of feces and urine. Strong smell (smell like raw flesh) coming from body parts is also due to bile.
PITTAJ NANATMAJA VYADHI
- OSHA (Heating )
- PLOSHA (Scorching )
- DAHA (Burning Sensation )
- DAVATHU (Boiling )
- DHOOMAKA (Fuming)
- AMLAKA (Acid Eructation)
- VIDAAHA(Pyrosis) – Heart Burn
- ANTAR DAAHA (Burning Sensation Inside the Body)
- AMSA DAHA (Burning Sensation Over Shoulders)
- USHMAADHIKYA(Excessive Temperature)
- ATI SVEDA (Excessive Sweating)
- ANGA GANDHA (Bad Odour Of the Body)
- ANGAAVADARANA (Cracking Pain In The Body)
- SHONITA KLEDA (Sloughing of the Blood)
- MAMSA KLEDA (Sloughing of the muscle)
- TVAK DAAHA (Burning Sensation In The Skin)
- CHARMA DALANA (Itching Of The Skin)
- TVAGAVADARANA (Cracking Of The Skin)
- RAKTA KOTHA (Urticaria)
- RAKTA VISPHOTA (Red Vesicle)
- RAKTA PITTA (Bleeding Tendency )
- RAKTA MANDALA (RED WHEALS)
- HARITATVA (Greenishness)
- HAARIDRATVA (Yellowishness)
- NEELIKA (Blue Moles)
- KAKSHA (Herpes)
- KAAMALA (Jaundice)
- TIKTAASYATA (Bitter Taste In Mouth)
- LOHITA GANDHASYATA (Smell Of Blood From The Mouth)
- POOTI MUKHATA (Foetid Odour Of Mouth)
- TRISHNAADHIKYA (Excessive Thirst)
- ATRUPTI (Non -Satisfaction)
- AASYA VIPAKA (Stomatitis)
- GALA PAKA (Pharyngitis)
- AKSHI PAKA (Conjunctivitis)
- GUDA PAKA (Proctitis)
- MEDHRA PAKA(Inflammation Of Penis)
- JIVADANA (Hemorrhage)
- TAMAH PRAVESHA (Fainting)
- HARITA HARIDRA NETRA MUTRA VARCHAS(Greenish and Yellowish Coloration of Eyes , Urine and faeces)
IMPORTANCE OF VIRECHAN IN PITTA TREATMENT :-
From all the Panchakarma therapies Purgation is the treatment which element the Vitiated Pitta from the very root from the intestine . When it is overcome in Amasaya (Small Intestine), it alleviates the entire vitiated Pitta dwelling in other part of the body .
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.