DO MODERATE EXERCISE
Research found that moderate exercise can help to boost healthy sperm production.
- In fact, a 2013 study revealed that increase sedentary lifestyle among young men has led to a decline in the overall quality of semen.
- People who engaged at least 15 hours of moderate exercise a week had better sperm quality and 73% higher sperm count than those who engaged in little or no exercise.
- To increase sperm count do moderate physical exercise for at least half to 1 hour a day on a regular basis except cycling and weight training also beneficial.
- Smoking is bad for overall health.
- Smoking cause low sperm quality and affect men fertility.
- A 2006 study revealed that current smoking can moderately impair the semen quality.
- Another study found that there is a positive link between cigarette smoking and male infertility.
- Smoking can reduce sperm production, sperm normal forms, sperm motility, and sperm fertilizing capacity due to increased seminal oxidative stress and DNA damage.
- Looking at the results it is good to take steps to quit smoking.
REDUCE YOUR STRESS LEVELS
- Stress affects sexual activity in men or women.
- Stress raises the cortisol hormone which give negatively affects the testosterone level and low level of testosterone affects male fertility.
- To manage stress, try taking a walk in nature, meditating, taking up a hobby, cooking, exercising, or spending time with friends.
TAKE RIGHT DIET
- Processed meats like hot dogs and salami
- Foods with Trans fats
- Soy products.
- High-fat dairy products like whole milk
- Foods with pesticides on them
- Foods packaged with bisphenol-A (BPA).
Foods that improve sperm count and motility include:
- Fish – fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids that improves sperm count.
- Fruits and vegetables – Fresh fruits and vegetables have higher content of vitamins and antioxidants that protect cells from damage and improve sperm count.
- Walnuts – study found that consuming 15-18 walnuts a day for 12 weeks improved sperm count.
TAKE SUPPLEMENTS THAT CAN IMPROVE SPERM COUNT
- D-aspartic acid (D-AA) – Experts believe this amino acid is related to low sperm count because men with fertility issues have lower levels of amino acid. Taking D-AA as a supplement can raise testosterone levels.
If hormonal issues are the cause of low sperm count and motility problems so D-aspartic may help.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C have powerful antioxidant properties that protects body’s cells from oxidative stress, which leads to deterioration of cells. Oxidative stress can contribute to heart disease to cancer disease or infertility.
- Vitamin D – Vitamin D deficiency could lead to lower sperm count. Studies showed that taking vitamin D for a year increased testosterone levels significantly.
- Fenugreek – fenugreek extract improved testosterone levels, sexual function, and sexual frequency.
This is another supplement that help hormonally related low sperm count and motility issues.
- Zinc – zinc increases both sperm count and testosterone levels in people who have zinc deficient. Too much zinc in semen may damage sperm.
- Ashwagandha – Take Ashwagandha herb daily for three months led to more than 150% increase in sperm count. The same study also showed more than 50% increase in motility.
- Maca root – taking maca root powder daily for four months improved both motility and sperm count.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.