Uterine Fibroids are abnormal growth that develops in Uterine Cavity. Uterine fibroid is also called leiomyomas (lie-o-my-O-muhs) or myomas. These uterine fibroids can increase the risk of uterine cancer. Sometimes they cause severe abdominal pain and heavy bleeding during periods. when these tumors become quite large. The growths may be benign, or noncancerous.
Fibroids are also known by the names mentioned below:-
- Uterine Myomas
TYPES OF FIBROIDS:-
There are different 4 types of Uterine Fibroids, These are mentioned below:-
- Intramural Fibroid
- Subserosal Fibroid
- Pedunculated Fibroid
- Submucosal Fibroid
These fibroids are the most common type of fibroid in the Uterine Cavity. These types of Fibroids are appears within the muscular wall of the uterine cavity. Intramural fibroids can grow larger and can stretch the Uterus.
These fibroids may develop on the outside of the uterine cavity, which is known as a serosa. These fibroids may grow large in size and they make the uterus bigger on one side.
This type of fibroids are developed when Subserosal tumors develop a stem, that is a cylinder base structure that supports the tumor. This is known as a Pedunculated fibroid.
Submucosal fibroids develop in the myometrium layer or the middle layer of the uterus. These are an uncommon types of fibroid.
CAUSES OF FIBROIDS:-
There are many causes that are responsible for the development of uterine fibroids:-
There are two Hormones Estrogen and Progesterone that are produced by ovaries. During each menstrual cycle, these hormones cause the uterine lining to regenerate and causes the growth of fibroids.
Uterine Fibroids may run in the family. It may transfer from mother, sister, or grandmother if they have fibroid history.
During Pregnancy there is an increase production of Estrogen and Progesterone Hormones in the body, are responsible for rapid growth of fibroids during pregnancy.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS OF UTERINE FIBROIDS:-
- Heavy menstrual Bleeding
- Difficulty in conceiving
- Blood Clots during the menstrual cycle
- Lower Backache
- Pelvic Pain
- Menstrual Cramping is increased
- Increased Frequency
- Pain During intercourse
- Menstrual periods that last longer than usual
- Swelling in Abdomen
- Enlargement of Abdomen
- Fullness and Pressure in pelvic region
- Breakthrough Bleeding:- bleeding between two periods
- Difficulty in passing urine and stool
RISK FACTORS FOR UTERINE FIBROIDS:-
Women are at greater risk for developing Uterine fibroids if they have such type of risk factors mentioned below:-
- Genetics:- Family History of Fibroids
- Age Factors:- Fibroid may develop at the age of 30 or older
- Obesity:- Overweight or high body weight can cause Uterine Fibroid
DIAGNOSIS OF UTERINE FIBROIDS:-
For a proper diagnosis, Gynecologist get Pelvic Examination. Pelvic examination is performed to check the size, shape, and condition, of the uterine cavity.
In this test high-frequency sound waves are used to produce images uterine cavity on a screen. The Doctors see the internal structures of the Uterine cavity and Fibroids.
This test produces pictures of the uterine cavity, ovaries, fallopian tubes and other pelvic organs.
ACCORDING TO AYURVEDA:-
According to Ayurveda, the Doshas are responsible to make the body. These are also known as the Energies of the body. There are three Doshas in the body, mentioned below:-
- Pitta(This is biological energy responsible for transformations)
- Kapha(This is a biological Energy which is responsible for creating structures)
∙ According to Ayurveda, the Uterine fibroids are caused due to Kapha Dosha. The excessive production of Kapha Dosha can decrease the powers of Pitta Dosha.
∙ When imbalanced doshas, Increased Kapha Doshas and Decreased Pitta reaches the reproductive system, this can cause the production of smooth muscle production in uterine cavity.
∙ Pitta dosha that is responsible for healthy transformations is decreased and weak, quality of this smooth muscle so is not good for a uterine cavity.
∙ Increased Kapha dosha can slow the production of eggs in the ovaries and decrease and weak pitta dosha can cause failure to rupture the egg on time.
∙ Due to the imbalance of three doshas, the Uterine cysts start to develop inside the uterine muscles and these cysts are called Uterine Fibroids.
TREATMENT ACCORDING TO AYURVEDA:-
Ayurveda has a permanent Treatment for Uterine Fibroids. There is no need for surgery. There is 100% natural, herbal Medicines completely prevent recurrence of Uterine Fibroids.
There are Certain Ayurvedic Herbs such as Varuna and Gandhari that help to dissolve the Uterine Fibroids.
There are Herbal Ayurvedic formulations that help to control heavy bleeding and these Herbs also regulate the menstrual cycle periods.
HEALTHY TIPS AND DIET FOR UTERINE FIBROIDS:-
There are some Healthy tips and Diet which are helpful to dissolves the Uterine Fibroids from its roots, These Tips are mentioned below:-
- Cruciferous vegetables are helpful in the detoxification of the liver.
- Vegetables like Cabbage, Broccoli, radish, bok choy, kale, turnips, watercress, and arugula are very helpful in Uterine Fibroids. Don’t overcook these vegetables, so they gave good nutrients to the body.
- Foods like Garlic, carrots, beets are helpful in the detoxification of the body.
- Drinking plenty is also recommended because water will help in detoxification of the body.
- Foods that contain carotenoids should be added to the diet, which will help to remove the uterine fibroids.
- Foods like sweet potato, apricots, cantaloupe, pumpkin, carrots, and spinach are also very helpful in this conditions.
- Eat foods that containing vitamin E, like wheat germ, almonds, hazelnuts and cod liver oil.
- Pineapple and fresh rosemary, are helpful decrease inflammation. These are acts as Natural anti-inflammatory foods.
- Polyphenol is an antioxidant, this is found in green tea, it can help to counteract the estrogen effects.
- Add multivitamins to your daily diet.
- Thiamin (Vitamins B1)
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
- Niacin (Vitamin B3)
- Vitamin B12 and B6.
- Vitamins C, D, E
- Folic acid
- Beta-carotene (Vitamin A)
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT TO REMOVE UTERINE FIBROIDS:-
Uterine Fibroid is caused due to Hormonal Imbalance, This disorder commonly develops in the reproductive age of women.
“CHANDIGARH AYURVED CENTER” has the successful Treatment of Uterine Fibroids. CAC has Pure Herbal Ayurvedic Medicines that remove the fibroids and their root causes.
Description of the Ayurvedic Medicines are mentioned below:-
- Detox Premium Powder:-
This is a herbo-mineral medicine which is prepared following Ayurvedic drugs:-
- Parwal Pishti
- Shukta Pishti
- Giloy satv
- Kamdudha Ras
- Gandhak Rasayan
- Parwal Pishti:- This Pishti contained natural coral calcium processed with rose water. This Pishti used to reduce inflammation of the uterine cavity.
- Shukta Pishti:- This is very helpful to balance the Pitta dosha in the body.
- Giloy Satv:- Giloy Satv is prepared from the extract of Tinospora cordifolia (Giloy). Giloy have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic properties.
- Kamdudha Ras:- This herbal medicine helps to balance Pitta dosha in the body.
- Gandhak Rasayana:- This herbal medicine helps to reduce all types of skin disorders.
- Tal Sindoor:- It contains Shuddh parad, Aloe vera, Gandhak, that gave relief from redness in psoriasis patients.
- Akik Pishti:- This Pishti helps to reduce all types of Pitta disorders related to uterine fibroids.
Dosage:- One sachet twice a day with normal water.
Women Champion Syrup:-
Woman Champion is pure ayurvedic medicine. It is a good and effective tonic for the uterus of women. This will help to maintain women’s health. It balances Hormones and all three doshas of the body. These are the good Uterine Tonic, antioxidant. It has anti-inflammatory, and anti-spasmodic properties. It also acts as an immunity booster. It contains these medicines are mentioned below:-
- Ashok chaal
Dosage:- Two Teaspoonful twice a day with normal water.
Kanchnar Guggul is mainly used to remove all types of cysts. Kanchnar guggul are used in the condition of menorrhagia and dysmenorrhea. It is the best medicine that use to detoxify and purify the blood. Kanchnar guggul is very beneficial to balance the hormones. It gave good results in female reproductive health and infertility. Kanchnar guggul contains the following ingredients:-
- Kanchnaar (Bauhinia variegata)
- Shunti (Zingiber officinale)
- Maricha (Piper nigrum)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Ela (Elettaria cardamomum), etc.
Dosage:- Two tablets twice a day with normal water.
Woman power tablet:-
This is a good health supplement for women. It helps to boost up immunity. This is pure Herbal medicine. Women Power Tablets contains pure products, these are mentioned below:-
- Ashoka chall extract
- Shatavari Extract
- Rajah pravarthini vati
- Femine care tablet
- Giloy extract
Dosage:- One Tab twice daily after meal.
Cyst Heal Tablet:-
This tablet are used to remove the uterine fibroid.
Dosage:- One Tablet Twice daily with normal water.
Feminine Care Tablet:-
Feminine care tablet is a pure and natural Ayurvedic medicine. This herb has antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory, and immune modulator properties.
Dosage:- One tablet twice a day with normal water.
PCOD RELIEF KIT
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.