Acidity Is The Only Problem That Interferes Your Daily Activities
Acidity is the only problem that interferes your daily activities. About 150 million people suffer from digestive diseases that ultimately give birth to the acidity. The excessive formation of acid in the body gives rise to many other diseases.
The wrong eating habits (eating excessive junk food, spicy food, processed food), sedentary lifestyle (not doing any activities like exercise, playing games, sports, etc), prolonged sitting jobs is the major reason for acidity. Acidity is the acid reflux that leads to heartburn in the lower chest when stomach acid flows back into the food pipe. When a person fell acid reflux for more than twice a week he/she is finally diagnosed with Gastroesophageal reflux disease. People use to take antacids for a long period that causes side-effects on the body. So instead of that, you should start with ayurvedic and herbal treatment.
What are the Signs & Symptoms of Acidity?
The signs & symptoms that are easily noticeable in acidity patients are:
- Burning sensation in the chest region
- Bad breath
- Sore throat
- Pain in abdomen
- Dry cough
- Loss of appetite
- Excessive thirst
- Mouth ulcers
- Itching on the body
- General weakness
What are the Causes of Acidity?
There are different causes that can form the acidity in an individual mentioned below:
- Eating food items that are not healthy like (fried food, cheese, butter, processed food, pickle, spicy food, papad, maggie, & pasta, etc).
- Obesity is the main reason for acidity.
- Drinking beverages like coffee, alcohol, carbonated drink, tea, etc.
- Excessive intake of food items like tomato, onions, garlic, citrus fruits, chocolate, red chilies, green chilies, etc.
- Drinking alcohol
- Being pregnant
- Excessive intake of blood pressure medications, aspirin, ibuprofen, muscle relaxant, etc.
- Not performing any activities like playing games, sports, exercise, yoga, etc.
- Excessive consumption of non-vegetarian food.
What is the Ayurvedic Treatment for Acidity?
Ayurveda has numerous herbs in nature that reduce all the signs & symptoms of acidity. Acidity is correlated with “Amalpitta” in Ayurveda. The imbalance of mainly pitta dosha is there as compared to others. So the ayurvedic medicines work on the root cause to balance excess pitta in the body. Chandigarh Ayurved Centre provides a complete pack known as “Acidity Care Kit” for the herbal treatment of Acidity without causing any side-effects in the body. This herbal pack comprises of four products in it that contain various herbs creating cooling & calming effect in the body.
All Products Description In Detail:
1. Pittashekhar Rasa
These are herbal tablets prepared from Sootshekhar rasa, Bilva majja, Kalmegha, Shankha bhasma, Kapardika bhasma, etc. that balances pitta dosha in the body. Regular use of these tablets improves digestion, enhances appetite, carminative, reduces acidity, prevents gastric ulcers, reduces heartburn, acts as a laxative, pain in the abdomen, etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
2. Agnimukha Churna
This herbal churna is prepared from ingredients like Vacha (Acorus calamus), Pippali (Piper longum), Sonth (Zingiber officinale), Ajwain (Trachyspermum ammi), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), etc that balances vata & kapha doshas in the body. It gives effective results in indigestion, anorexia, abdominal pain, constipation, loss of appetite, flatulence, bloating, intestinal gas, intestinal gas, etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take a half teaspoon of this churna twice daily with normal water.
3. Detox Premium Powder
These herbal sachets are prepared from ingredients such as Shankh bhasma, Sutshekhar ras, Parvalpishti, Shukta, Giloy, Kamdudha ras, Shvetparpati that gives calming effect on the stomach.
- Shankh bhasma: This ayurvedic bhasma is prepared from conch shell. The bhasma shows antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antacid, digestive stimulant properties. The problems like indigestion, heartburn, acid reflux, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, etc are easily treated with it.
- Sutshekhar ras: It is an ayurvedic preparation that maintains pitta dosha in the body. This ras provides effective results in abdominal pain, heartburn, nausea, fever, headache, epigastric tenderness, etc.
- Parval pishti: This pishti is prepared from coral calcium processed in rose water. It provides effective results in acidity, burning sensation, headache, etc.
- Shukta pishti: This pishti balances the pitta dosha in the body and removes all toxins from the body.
- Giloy satv: Giloy satv possesses antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, carminative, immunomodulator, etc properties. It eliminates the ama from body hence provide good results in acidity problem.
- Kamdudha ras: This ras reduces heat, burning sensation, epigastrium tenderness, irritability, heartburn, and acidity.
- Shwet parpati: It is also effective in acidity.
Recommended Dosage: Take one sachet twice daily.
4. Amlapitta Mishran
This is an ayurvedic preparation that contains ingredients like Vasa (Justicia Adhatoda), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), Nimba (Azadirachta indica), Triphala (three myrobalans), Patol (Trichosanthes dioica), Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Chirayta (Swertia chirayita), etc that regularizes Pitta dosha in the body. This syrup strengthens metabolic activities and enhances the action of agni. It provides effective results in heartburn, abdominal pain, nausea, bloating, belching, etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 teaspoonful twice daily.
5. Panchsakar Churna
This churna is very effective for acidity patients as it shows antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, laxative, & analgesic properties. It is a classical herbal churna prepared from ingredients like Shatapushpa,Balaharitaki, Shunthi, Swarnapatri, & Saindhav lavana. It helps in removing all toxins
from the body & provides good results in acidity. All signs & symptoms related to acidity are treated with the regular use of this churna.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 teaspoonful at bedtime with warm water.
6. Sheet Dhara Syrup
This herbal syrup is prepared from ingredients such as ajwain satav, mushak kapoor, peppermint, etc that naturally relieve the symptoms like bloating, blenching, nausea, vomiting, feeling of discomfort, etc. The regular use of this herbal syrup neutralizes the high acid content, reduces
abdominal pain, & cramps.
Recommended dosage: Take half teaspoonful of this syrup in half a cup of water. Drink this mixture twice daily on an empty stomach.
7. Liver Care Tablet
These tablet are 100% safe and purely ayurvedic formulation. It maintains the proper functioning of the liver and stimulate the growth of new liver cells. Liver Care Tablets contains Ingredients like Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Kutaki(Picrorhiza kurroa), Bhumi amla( phyllanthus niruri), Giloy(Tinopora Cordifolia), Yavakshar( Hordeum vulgare), Imli Kshar( Tamarindus indica), Mukta Shukta pisti etc. These herbs balances excess Pitta Dosha and helps in problems like abdominal bloating,flatulence, abdominal pain, loss of appetite and indigestion.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
What is the Panchakarma Treatment for Acidity?
Panchakarma is another way to treat acidity naturally. As in panchkarma procedures medicated oil, herbs, Ghrita, etc is used for removing it. If a patient follows proper ayurvedic medicines, panchakarma procedures, and diet, then the root cause of acidity will be treated. It will not occur in the future. So Chandigarh Ayurved Centre recommends the best ayurvedic treatment for acidity patients that will show results in few days.
For acidity patient’s deepan, pachan, & virechan is the best procedure.
- Deepan Pachan: In deepan pachan certain dravyas are recommended that to the patients. These Dravya will balance the jatharagni, improve digestion, reduce acidity, bloating, belching, etc.
- Virechan: This procedure will maintain the proper functioning of Agni that will reduce the vidagha awastha of pitta in the body. Virechan will balance the vitiated state of pitta dosha in the body & results in maintaining a proper digestive system. In this procedure, purgation is induced by drugs that will eliminate excess pitta dosha from the body.
Healthy Tips & Diet for Acidity Patients:
- Drink plenty of water and juices prepared at home.
- Include raw vegetables & fruits in your diet as a salad.
- Prepare an herbal tea from 3 to 4 basil leaves, boil in two cups of water until remaining one cup. Strain the mixture, let it cool down, & drink this once.
- Fennel seeds reduce acidity, improves digestion, solve indigestion issues. You can eat one teaspoon of fennel seeds after meals. Or take a teaspoon of fennel seeds in two cups of water. Boil until remaining one cup. Strain the mixture let it cool down and drink this once.
- Drinking buttermilk is good in acidity by adding a pinch of black pepper and rocksalt, & coriander leaves.
- Green coconut water is also good for acidity patients.
- Consume cold milk by adding a pinch of green cardamom & fennel seeds powder in it.
- Eat fruits like papaya, apple, watermelon, muskmelon, banana, apricot, etc.
- Avoid fast & processed food items.
- Add whole grain in your diet and avoid white flour (maida).
- Do perform yoga poses like Kapalbhati Pranayama, Halasana, Bhastrika Pranayam, Vajrasana, Pawanamuktasana, Ushtrasana, & Anulom vilom Pranayam, etc.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.