The wrong eating lifestyle give rise too many digestive disorders one among them is celiac disease. It is a digestive disorder that is found in small intestines. In this disease the nutrient are not absorbed properly, and causes inflammation in the intestines. If proper nutrients are not absorbing the health of a patient become down day to day. It is found that in most of the patient due to adverse reaction of gluten (a dietary protein that is found in cereal like wheat, rye, & barley) causes this disease.
What are the signs & symptoms of Coeliac Disease?
The signs & symptoms of coeliac disease are mentioned below:
- Pain in the abdomen
- Diarrhoea with unpleasant smell
- Loss of appetite
- Sometimes constipation
- Weight loss
- Formation of itching rashes
- Damage in the nerves
- Sometimes co-ordination gets affected such as speech & balance
- Delayed puberty in children
What are the causes for Coeliac disease?
Coeliac disease causes weak immune system so is considered as auto-immune disease. In this disease the body’s immune system become so weak that it mistakenly attack healthy tissues in the body. It slowly damages the small intestine & the body’s ability to absorb nutrients get disturbed day to day. Sometimes hereditary factors also play a major role in coeliac disease.
What are the complications of Coeliac disease?
If coeliac disease is left untreated than it created long-term complications such as iron deficiency in the body (anemia), osteoporosis (weakening of the bones), folate deficiency & vitamin B12 deficiency.
What is the ayurvedic point of view for Coeliac disease?
According to Ayurveda, Coeliac disease is correlated with “Grahani” that causes variation in the agni. The imbalance in the dosha mainly pitta, kapha, & vata causes coeliac disease.
What is the Ayurvedic treatment for Coeliac disease?
Ayurveda provides the best ayurvedic treatment for coeliac disease as it balances the dosha & provide effective result. Chandigarh Ayurved Centre introduces “Coeliac care kit” that contains ayurvedic medicines for coeliac disease in it.
All products description in detail:
1. Kutazghan vati:
These are classical herbal tablets prepared from ingredients Kutaza bark & ativisha. Kutazghan vati show properties such as anti-dysenteric, anti-amoebic, anti-diarrheal, & haemostatic properties. The use of these deal with the diarrhea, loss of appetite, bloating, indigestion, etc related to coeliac disease.
Recommended dosage: Take 2 tablets twice daily with normal water.
2. Triphala syrup:
Triphala syrup is a pure ayurvedic preparation containing extracts of three herbs (Amalaki, Bibhitaki, & Haritaki). The herbs in this syrup show antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, digestive, carminative, etc properties. These properties deal with the loss of appetite, bloating, indigestion, flatulence, diarrohea, associated with coeliac disease.
Recommended dosage: Take 2 teaspoonful thrice daily.
3. Noni capsule:
Noni capsule is prepared from the standardized extract of herb Noni (Morinda citrifolia). This herb shows antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, etc properties. The use of this capsule deal with the loss of appetite, fatigue, general weakness associated with coeliac disease.
Recommended dosage: Take 1 capsule twice daily with normal water.
4. Curcumin capsule:
Curcumin capsule is prepared from curcumin the active compound of turmeric herb. This herb shows antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, immuno-modulator properties. The use of this capsule gives effective result in healing the small intestines. All signs & symptoms related to coeliac disease is managed with these capsules.
Recommended dosage: Take 1 capsule twice daily with normal water.
5. Sheetdhara Syrup:
Sheetdhara syrup is an herbal preparation for coeliac disease containing ajwain satv, peppermint, mushak kapoor. It maintains the overall digestion in the body, deal with the flatulence, pain in the abdomen, loss of appetite, indigestion, etc.
Recommended dosage: Take 30ml in half cup of water twice daily.
What is the Panchakarma treatment for Coeliac disease?
Along with Ayurvedic medicines for coeliac disease, Panchakarma therapies give good & effective results. The different procedures for Panchakarma are:
- Patra potli pind sweda: In this procedure, potli is filled with the ayurvedic herbs. This potli is dipped in ayurvedic medicated oil after that the body is gently massaged with this.
- Nabhi vasti: In this procedure, a ring is formed on the navel region. Lukewarm medicated oil is put in this ring with sponge several times. After that navel is massaged with the oil.
- Anuvasan vasti: In this procedure medicated enema is given to the patient through anal region. It helps in relieving the constipation in the patient.
- Niruh vasti: In this procedure medicated oil enema is recommended to the patient. This enema helps in overall detoxification of the small intestines. It provides effective results in the coeliac patients.
Healthy tips & Lifestyle for Coeliac disease:
Here are few healthy tips & lifestyle that an individual should follow for getting effective results:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid aerated drinks & alcohol.
- Avoid fried, fast, processed food items as it is not good for digestion. It makes your digestion weak & gives rise to many other diseases.
- Eat fresh food instead of stale food that is stored in refrigerators.
- Include vegetables like bottle gourd, ridge gourd, bitter gourd, carrot, spinach, fenugreek, etc in your diet.
- Avoid excess intake of citrus fruits & include fruits that can balance your acidity level like apple, papaya, banana, pomegranate, etc.
- Avoid heavy items like milk, paneer, chesse, mayonnaise, etc.
- Include fresh fruit juices & soups in your daily routine.
- Avoid non-vegetarian diet as it is heavy to digest & create more problems (inflammation in the small intestines).
- Don’t take stress, tension, & over-exertion as it increases the inflammation of the small intestine.
- Green coconut water & buttermilk is good for your health.
- Eat light diet that includes rice, gruel, porridge, & green gram soups. As it is easy to digest & provide nourishment to the body.
- Do perform walk for half an hour daily as it is good for keeping you healthy.
- Yoga & meditation is the best way to heal your body, mind, & soul.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.