- November 4, 2019
- Posted by Dr. Karanvir Singh
- 0 Comment(s)
What is celiac disease?
Celiac disease means that you cannot eat gluten-free food. It occurs in wheat, rye, barley and oats. If you eat gluten, it will help you
Celiac disease develops a hereditary and autoimmune that usually affects the small intestine that occurs in genetically predetermined people. When people with this problem consume a protein called gluten (found in wheat, barley and rye), it helps to protect the small intestine in their body. So this attack and damage the small intestine as well as the villi (small finger like projections along the wall of the small intestine). When the villi is damaged, the absorption of nutrition within the human body stops. There are various symptoms of celiac disease and they include diarrhea, nutritional deficiency (anemia, nutritional deficiency), loss of appetite, abnormal growth in children, late puberty, pregnancy complications, some Dermatitis, small and under-active spleen, liver failing to function properly and abdominal enlargement. Mouth ulcers, gastrointestinal problems, diabetes mellitus type 1 and thyroiditis are also associated with celiac disease, which can occur when the problem is not treated properly.
Do you know that a common cause of all this can be celiac disease. It is made from a protein (gluten) found in wheat, barley, rye and oats. Rye is a grain that is rarely used in India. (This is different from mustard seeds or mustard seeds) 10–15 years ago, the disease which was not even heard, today it is estimated that about 50 lakh people (about 1 percent) suffer from this disease.
What food contains gluten?
- Oats taken for example
- Salad dressings
- Sauce. For example, soy sauce, stir-or pasta sauce
- Fried food
- Abdominal pain
- Lots of gas
- Feeling dizzy
- Weight loss
- Mouth ulcer
Very severe symptoms
- Thin and weak bones
- difficulty in pregnancy
- Low hemoglobin
- feeling depressed
- Poor oral health
- Celiac disease is an autoimmune condition resulting from an abnormal immune response to gluten proteins, which are found in bread, pasta, oatmeal, and biscuits. Other risk factors include:
- It is transmitted in the family.
- Factors of the environment.
- Other health conditions such as type 1 diabetes, ulcerative colitis, neurological disorders.
Diet to eat
- Gluten free and nutritious diet should be taken.
- Calcium-rich foods include milk, yogurt, cheese, fish, broccoli, collard green, almonds, calcium-rich juices, and amaranth.
- Iron-rich foods include meat, fish, chicken, beans, nuts, nuts, eggs and amaranth.
- Foods rich in vitamin B include eggs, milk, meat, orange juice, beans, nuts, nuts and whole grains without gluten.
- Foods rich in vitamin D include vitamin D potency milk and yogurt, egg yolk and fish.
- Fiber-rich foods include vegetables, fruits, legumes, amaranth, millet, kuttu and jowar.
- Vitamin K deficiency is more likely to occur in patients suffering from celiac disease. Spinach, broccoli, asparagus, hyacinth, cabbage, cauliflower, peas, beans, olives, canola, soybeans, meats, oatmeal, and dairy products are all enriched with vitamin K. Among gluten free items are rice, soy, maize, potatoes and legumes etc.
Keep them off
- Grains that contain gluten such as barley, millet, triticale, various types of wheat, etc.
- Diets made of the above mentioned cereals such as pasta, oatmeal, bread, pizza, crackers, cookies and cakes should also not be taken.
- Do not take oats. Some patients with celiac disease can tolerate oats in the diet, but oats have not been found to be safe when taken for a long time in patients with celiac disease.
Yoga and exercise
Exercise helps in the excretion of endorphins, which are helpful in generating positive experiences in your body and reduce pain sensation. Any kind of sluggish exercise like running, dancing, biking, swimming and walking can be done.
Among the beneficial yogas in self-immune diseases are:
- Bound konasana
Do not take foods that contain wheat, barley, millet and oats. Take a gluten free diet.
There is no way to prevent celiac disease. However, you can prevent its emergence by taking a gluten-free diet.
Contact a doctor if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Loss of appetite
- Constant, fluid, deodorant diarrhea.
- stomach pain.
- Sudden drop in weight.
- Mouth sores.
Ayurvedic treatment by CAC
According to Ayurvedic point of view “coeliac disease” is known as “Grahani” that causes imbalance in the agni. Mainly pitta, kapha, & vata dosha is involved in this disease. Chandigarh Ayurved Centre introduces “Coeliac care pack” for the treatment of this disease from root cause. This pack contains five ayurvedic medicines that are given below:
All products description in detail:
- Noni Capsule:
Noni capsules are pure ayurvedic formula containing standardized extract of herb Noni (Morinda citrifolia). This capsule shows antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, immuno-modulator properties. The use of these capsules gives effective result in weight loss, fatigue, bloating, damage in the nerves, etc.
Recommended dosage: Take 1 capsule twice daily with normal water.
- Sheetdhara Syrup:
Sheetdhara syrup is an ayurvedic formula prepared from peppermint, mushak kapoor, & ajwain satv. This herbal syrup deals with the pain in abdomen, loss of appetite, flatulence, bloating, indigestion, & improves overall digestion. The use of this herbal syrup gives effective results in coeliac disease.
Recommended dosage: Take 30 ml in half cup of water twice daily on an empty stomach.
- Curcumin Capsule:
Curcumin capsule is prepared from the herb turmeric. The herb turmeric (Curcuma longa) contains the active compound curcumin that shows antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, & immuno-modulator properties. These properties deal with the pain in abdomen, loss of appetite, indigestion, & improve overall digestion. It helps in building up the immunity of the small intestine to deal with the coeliac condition.
Recommended dosage: Take 1 capsule twice daily with normal water.
- Triphala Syrup:
Triphala syrup is a pure ayurvedic formulation containing extracts of three herbs Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), & Haritaki (Terminalia chebula). This herbal syrup deal with bloating, loss of appetite, indigestion, diarrhea, constipation, flatulence, etc. The use of this herbal syrup helps in improving overall metabolism of the body.
Recommended dosage: Take 2 teaspoonful thrice daily before meals.
- Kutazghan vati:
Kutazghan vati is pure ayurvedic classical tablets prepared from ingredients such as Kutaza bark & ativisha. These ayurvedic tablets show properties such as anti-dysentric, anti-diarrheal, anti-amoebic, & haemostatic properties. The use of this herbal tablet deal with the signs & symptoms associated with the coeliac disease such as diarrhea, indigestion, loss of appetite, bloating, flatulence, etc.
Recommended dosage: Take 2 tablets twice daily with normal water.
- Panchsakar churna:
It is a herbo mineral and purely ayurvedic formulation. It mainly works on your Vata and pitta dosha of your body. It can cure Chronic Constipation and help relieve symptoms of Acidity, indigestion, Belching and colic pain. It acts as a mild Laxative and reduces Bloating. It works very efficiently on a disease named IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome) which is very common nowadays that affects your day to day activities. CAC Panchsakar churna is 100% natural and pure. It is prepared from various herbs like Haritaki, Shunthi, Swaran Patri, Shatapushpa, and Saindhav Lavan that show antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and laxative properties.
Recommended dosage: Take 1 tsp twice daily with normal water.
- Triphala Tablet:
It is (3 fruits) tablet is a herbo mineral of size 650 mg and is a purely ayurvedic formulation. It is a polyherbal formulation comprising of three ingredients. Each fruit is thaught to positively impact the body’s three doshas. Triphala Tablet has been used in ayurvedic medicine since ages. It is thought to support bowel health and aid digestion. As an antioxidant, it is used to detoxify the body and support the immune system. It is known for its antibacterial, antioxidant, antiviral abilities. It is prescribed for a wide range of ailments like promoting oral health, treating fatigue and gastric distress, pneumonia, constipation, vaginal infections and most importantly boost the immune system. It contains ingredients Haritaki, Bhibhitaki, Amla, Pippali .
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.