What is Oil Pulling ?
This is a 3000 year old technique of Ayurveda which has been called the only planet in the Sanskrit, Snigdha Gandusha. Oil pulping, ie, rinse of oil removes the toxic elements (Toxins) of the body, which cures many diseases and also reduces obesity.
Benefits of oil pulling
- Due to today’s lifestyle, food and pollution, many toxins are stored in our body. During blood circulation these elements get trapped in our organ where they start causing disease.
- Apart from this, these toxins cause fatigue, lethargy, sluggishness, pain in the body and create problems for health.
- Oil pulling works by pulling these dirt out of the body, which cures many diseases, as well as a feeling of freshness, agility and freshness.
- By oil pulling, many diseases of the mouth like teeth diseases, swelling of gums, bad breath are cured. Along with this, problems like headache, migraine, sinus, insomnia, skin disease, liver disease, hormone instability are overcome.
- It also reduces cholesterol level of the body, which is beneficial for heart disease and blood pressure patients. This action also helps in reducing obesity.
- Oil Pulling is coming into circulation all over the world and foreigners are also praising it.
When to do oil pulling? How to do ?
- We can take any vegetable oil like coconut oil, sesame, mustard, groundnut, sunflower, olives etc. for oil pulping.
- Well, according to Ayurveda, use of sesame oil is considered to be the best but nowadays most of the people prefer to pull oil from coconut oil because it has good taste, is easily mixed and has antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal properties.
- After getting up in the morning, without brushing, without eating anything, first of all, put 1-2 spoons of oil in your mouth. Now, by closing the mouth, you have to wipe the oil all over the mouth, teeth and gums with the help of tongue.
- After this, you have to do the action of rinse the mixture of oil and saliva made in the mouth for 5 to 15 minutes by gently rinsing it. Keep the teeth closed and rinse comfortably.
- After 5-15 minutes you have to spit this mixture. These mixtures will look milky white and thin as water.
- Keep in mind that you do not have to swallow this mixture at all. After this, rinse 2-3 with clean water so that all the mixture of mouth gets cleaned.
- After rinse, you brush as you do every day. It is very easy to do oil pulling. For best results do it 4-5 days a week. You will feel the difference yourself.
- If you use cold pressed oil for this action, it is even better.
How is cold pressed oil made?
In Oil Pulling, you have to rinse the oil slowly, so that it does not hurt your mouth after doing it for 5 -15 minutes. Keep moving it in the mouth with the help of tongue in between.
It is not necessary to sit in one place while oil pulling. During this time, you can read newspapers, check mobiles, walk, etc.
This is a basic hygiene habit as we brush daily. So if you want to do it daily or do it for 4-5 days in a week.
Benefits of Gandusha Kriya or Kaval Graha
According to Ayurveda, when you rinse a mixture of oil and saliva in the mouth and rub it on the teeth, gums, skin inside the mouth, a toxic element called ama is released from your mouth and skin. It has been told in Ayurveda that Aama gives rise to many diseases in the body.
Along with this, due to the antibacterial, antiseptic properties present in sesame, coconut oil in goitre
Chemical mouthwashes found in the market reduce the germs of the mouth but at the same time also destroy many good bacteria beneficial to the body. This defect does not occur in the Oil Pulling technique.
Use only good quality oil in oil pulling so that you can get full benefit.
Things to note
- By the way, some people may initially experience nausea or vomiting while pulling oil. It is too late to get used to …
- Oil pulling is not an option for brushing. Have to brush.
- Many people recommend pulling immediately after brushing. But you choose it according to your time, comfort. Pulling oil is not grated. That is, to rinse it is not to drink.
It helps to eliminate bacteria that grow in the mouth when food is left in the mouth or by using more caffeine-rich substances.
Often people complain of bad breath despite brushing twice a day. Oil pulling can also get rid of it.
The way oil pulling prevents bacteria growing inside the mouth, it also directly affects the teeth. Oil pulling is also very effective in preventing tooth decay caused by over-eating.
Not only the teeth, but also the gums benefit greatly due to the elimination of bacteria in the mouth. Oil pulling makes the gums healthy and strong and protects them from decay.
Oil pulling does not only benefit the mouth from the inside but also externally. Continuous rinse with oil in the mouth for 15-20 minutes gives good exercise of facial muscles and also makes the face tone.
Usually dental care and oral health are quite expensive. You may have to spend 1500–2000 rupees comfortably on one sitting of a dentist. Keeping these things in mind, oil pulling is a very cheap and effective method.
Disadvantages of oil pulling
Although there is no proven harm or side effects of oil pulling, however, experts say that while doing this procedure, take care that the oil does not get into the stomach. In this case, there is a risk of stomach infection and diarrhea.
Also, rinse continuously for so long may cause jaw stiffness and headaches. In addition, people with migraine problems may also experience migraine pain. So if you feel a little discomfort, spit oil immediately or take a little gap and run your mouth.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.