WHAT IS IBS-C?
- In the Modern era of fast food, there is change or irregularity in diet and diet timings and also sedentary lifestyle.
- In addition to changes in diet and lifestyle, one is always under tremendous mental stress.
- All these cause disturbances to the digestive system, which results in many diseases.
- Irritable bowel syndrome with constipation is a chronic gastrointestinal disorder that causes frequent bloating, abdominal pain, and infrequent stools that are hard to pass.
- IBS-C is not life-threatening but can be extremely uncomfortable and interfere with your day-to-day activities.
- It can affect the person of all age groups but it most often develops in young adults. Women are affected more often than men.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS OF IBS-C:-
- excessive gas formation
- Painful bloating
- feelings of block in stomach
- weight loss
- infrequent bowel movements (three or less per week)
- changes in the appearance of bowel movement
- more hard or lumpy stool
- Changes in bowel habits.
- Inability to empty the bowel
- Loss of Appetite
- Stool with Mucus
- Blood in the stool may be appearing red or very dark or black tarry like consistency
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME-
According to Ayurveda science, IBS-C is known as ‘Grahani Roga’. In this disorder, there is a disturbance in the functions of the intestines and bowels.
Ayurvedic Treatment of Irritable bowel syndrome with constipation comprises pure herbal formulation and also some changes in the diet and lifestyle.
HERBAL FORMULATIONS BY CAC-
- DETOX PREMIUM POWDER-
- Shankh bhasma
- Sutshekhar ras
- Parwal pishti
- Shukta pishti
- Kamdudha ras
- Shwet parpati
Recommended Dosage: Take one sachet twice daily with normal water.
- PITTASHEKHAR RASA-
- Sootshekhar rasa
- Bilva majja
- Shankha bhasma
- Kapardika bhasma etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice a day with plain water
- PURAN PACHAK SYRUP-
- Parpati etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 teaspoonfuls twice a day.
- PANCHSAKAR CHURNA:
- Saindhavan Lavana (Rock Salt)
- Swarnapatri (Cassia angustifolia)
- Shatapushpa (Anethum sowa)
- Shunti (Zingiber officinale)
- Balaharitaki (Terminalia chebula)
Recommended Dosage: Take ½ tsp. of panchsakar choorna twice a day with plain water.
- KUTAJ GHAN VATI-
- Kutaj (Holarrhena antidysenterica)
- Ativisha (Aconitum heterophyllum)
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 tablets twice daily before meal with normal water.
- SHEET DHARA SYRUP
- Ajwain Satava
- Mushak Kapoor
- Peppermint, etc
Recommended dosage: Take one teaspoonful of this syrup in ½ a cup of water. Drink this mixture twice a day on an empty stomach.
- DIGESTION CARE TABLET
This tablet is a unique blend of the best digestive herbs like
- Kutaz chal
- Shankh bhasm
- Piper mint
Recommended Dosage: Take one tablet twice a day.
5 best Ayurvedic herbs to relieve IBS-
- Aloe vera
- Fennel seeds
Some yoga positions are more helpful for eliminating the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. The recommended poses include-
- Corpse position
- Sun salutations
DIET PLAN FOR IBS-
- Consume plenty of fruit and vegetables.
- Consume plenty of fluid – such as water or herbal teas.
- Have a regular meal pattern
- Reduce caffeine
- Take time when eating meals.
- Don’t skip meals.
- Limit alcohol and fizzy drinks
- Sit down to eat; chew food well.
- Reduce intake of resistant starches
- Plenty of starchy carbohydrates. Examples include bread, rice, cereals, pasta, potatoes, chapattis, and plantain.
- Avoid processed foods like crisps, oven chips, supermarket pizza, biscuits and cakes, breakfast cereals.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF CONSTIPATION-
TRIPHALA IS YOUR GO-TO REMEDY
- Triphala is One of the most effective and trusted Ayurvedic laxatives, a medicinal blend of dried fruits from the plants Amalaki (Emblica Officinalis), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica), and Haritaki (Terminalia chebula).
- Triphala is an effective treatment for diabetes, constipation, and obesity.
- Triphala is available in a powdered form, tablet or liquid extract, etc.
- You can make a Triphala tea by adding 1/4 of a teaspoon of Triphala, ¼ teaspoon of cardamom seeds, and 1/2 teaspoon of coriander seeds.
- Cardamom and coriander seeds help relieve flatulence and indigestion.
- One of the treatments, Panchakarma Basti, is cleansing the bowel through the use of medicated enemas (Basti).
- According to the ayurvedic perspective, abdominal massage and deeper colon massage therapies can help relieve constipation effectively.
- Abdominal massage reduces constipation and improved people’s overall quality of life.
Some yoga positions are more helpful for move the bowel and relieve constipation.
The recommended poses are-
- Bhujanghasana (Cobra)
- Trikonasana (Triangle Stretch)
- Ardha matsyendrasana (Half Spine Twist)
- Supta vajrasana (Sleeping Pelvis)
- Vajrasana (Diamond)
- Dhanurasana (Bow)
- Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand)
- Mayurasana (Peacock)
- Pavan muktasana (Wind Release)
- Naukasana (Boat)
- Halasana (Plow)
- Shalabhasana (Locust)
- Mandukasana (Frog)
- Paschimottanasana (Head to Knee)
- Katichakrasana (Standing Spine Twist)
- Avoid dehydration
- Follow A Vata Dosha Pacifying Diet
- Increase consumption of fruits and vegetables.
- Take a fiber-rich diet every day
- Taking one teaspoon of ghee in a cup of warm milk at bedtime is an effective remedy for relieving constipation.