It is an infection of urinary system which occur any party of urinary system (kidney, ureter, bladder urethra). Mostly involve lower urinary system (bladder, urethra).When it affects upper urinary track it is known as kidney infection an when it affects lower urinary track it is known bladder infection.
- Frequent urination.
- Urination with pain.
- Feeling lethargy.
- Fever and chills
- Pressure in lower abdomen.
- Burning sensation during urination.
HOME REMIDIES FOR URINARY TRACK INFECTION
- DRINK PLENTY OF WATER: – It helps to flush the bacteria through urination and prevent infection.
- VITAMIN C INTAKE: – Increasing the acidity of urine and help to killing the bacteria causing infection. That means increase intake of vitamin c decrease risk of urinary tract infection.
- TAKE PROBIOTICS: – It is a beneficial microorganism, consumed through food which helps to promote the health of bacteria in live in gut and also enhance the immune function.
- APPLY HEAT: – UTI cause pain in the pelvic region. Applying a heat pad to the bladder or pubic area can help to relieve pain and discomfort temporarily.
- CLOTHING: – wearing loose and cotton cloth can prevent moisture from pelvic area. And stop the infection from getting worse.
- URINATE WHEN NEEDS ARRIES: – Frequent urination create pressure on bacteria in the urinary track and help to flush out the track.
- CRANBERRY JUICE: – It contains antioxidants including polyphenols which have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- WIPE CORRECTLY: – After urination wiping the area from front to back help to restrict the entry of bacteria to the urethra. Stay clean and dry help to prevent UTIs.
- CHANGE TAMPONS, MENSTRUL PADS AND CUPS FREQUQNTLY: – Using tampons increase the risk of bacteria to grow faster. Low absorbency pads expose your vulva to infect easily. UTIs getting worsening if the position of tampons and cups not correct.
- EAT GARLIC: – Consumption of garlic in your diet boost your immunity and help to fight the infection. Antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of garlic help to kill the bacteria.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.